Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One of "Those" Days

I don't know about you all, but I just *love* having one of "those" days. "Those" days where you just can't seem to win, no matter what you do.

Mine started yesterday. Shortly after staff meeting. Because that was when I admitted to myself, that I had completely, completely dropped the ball on a project I had been tasked with. And now it's coming back to bite me in a**. When I took this job, I was taking over for someone else. Someone who apparently was an absolute magician in Excel. Crazy programming type magic. I spent so much time putting off the project because I didn't want to try to figure out what she had done, that I let it slide for 3 months. THREE MONTHS! ouch.

So I've been busting my butt yesterday and today. I've given up on trying to comprehend what my predecessor did (she's no longer around to ask) and am doing it my way. And my way will be transferrable to the next person!

My other main gripe...those that don't know how to use basic technology. Seriously, I'm not going to hold a "class" to "train" people how to point and click a mouse on a new internal website that I just created. What's the best way to learn? Do it yourself of course! Seriously if people are still having trouble with internet type stuff...take a remedial course! Enough is enough all ready!

I'm frustrated on the diet front too. Not frustrated that I haven't lost anything, but frustrated with my complete lack of self-discipline. I dropped my Weight Watchers membership because of the cost. So tonight I explored SparkPeople (link to the right). It looks like it's a great community. I've heard about it before, but signed up, and promplty got all obsessed with the points, and read articles and made comments all to get those darn points! I am just having the worst time trying to keep myself on track. I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of making myself do it.

So, motivation...and a guilty pleasure...I'm watching an America's Next Top Model rerun...anyone else ever watch it? Or better yet, anyone else willing to admit their guilty pleasure?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, guilty pleasures:
    wine
    chocolate
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    So You Think You Can Dance

    I also suck at motivation. I'm not sure why. I never used to. I used to wake up (bing!) without an alarm clock after 6 hours, go for a 90 minute walk or 90 minute bike ride and then go to work.

    Now? I'm lucky if I manage to get off my butt after I get home from work. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the summer at least my guilty pleasure has been Wipeout, its hysterical.

    I hear ya on the diet and motivation, trying to have the energy to keep going this week and get to the gym and eat healthy. I tried SparkPeople for a while but couldn't get into it, I do still use the Spark Recipies site. I am now using MyFoodDiary.com, it cost $9/month no contract, but I use it and really like it. It's given me a better idea of what I do wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you! I'm sitting outside on my deck trying to get all caught up on everyone's blog. I love the look of your new blog. I've secretly been contemplating opening a new public one as well. I so want to be like that Dooce lady who makes money by blogging about her life. Sounds good huh?

    So you've been busy, huh? I have, too. I can't believe how fast summer is flying by. How are things going with you and Todd? He seems like such a great guy!

    Oh, and don't feel bad, I watch Top Model all the time, too. I'm totally obsessed with HGTV, though. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete