Sunday, July 19, 2009

A bit of everything

After reviewing my life this past week, I have come to the conclusion that I live a very boring life. Or at least that what I've decided my past couple of weeks have been. That being said...prepare yourselves for another, not so interesting, update...

This past week at work, I continued to make progress on my training project for my Six Sigma Black Belt. I made it through my 3rd of 5 gates (Analyze) without any issues. The whole telecon lasted all of 8 minutes! I've also been assigned to coordinate quite a large project. It's mainly going to be a lot of hounding people for information and compiling it, not sure exactly how it's all going to work, but it'll defintely be a challenge.

I took Friday off of work. Just a random Friday to create myself a 3 day weekend. I got my nails done and ran a couple of other errands. Friday evening was a lot of fun, we went out to dinner with another couple friends of ours, S&J. They were in the mood to go out, and who were we to say no?! We decided to go to Bonefish Grill, one of my absolute favorite resturaunts! I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass with the Chimichurri sauce (simply.the.best.ever). It came with delicious steamed veggies and I had to be a little bad and get the garlic mashed potatos. You can't be great all the time, can you?

Afterwards S and I jokingly walked into Macy's and the boys let us! So we did a bit of shopping. They left and headed to Champs for a beer, so we walked the mall for a short while. I did do some damage in Ann Taylor. All sales though! A cute white tee and a couple of cardigans.

Yesterday, much of the day was spent at officer training for Toastmasters. I think I've mentioned here before that I'm a member of Toastmasters, right? I love this organization. Love it, love it, love it! It focuses on helping you with your public speaking skills. What's great is it's totally self paced. You can also come in feeling completely comfortable talking in front of others or terrified. But it's a positive non-threatening environment to develop your skills. There are two tracks that you can work on, either seperately or in parallel. The leadership track or the communication track. The communication track begins with the competent communicator manual which is a series of 10 speeches. I've been a member for 18 months, and I am working on my last speech! Anyways, I was elected to the officer position of Vice President of Education for my club, so yesterday morning and early afternoon I was off at training with other area officers learning the ropes and some skills!

Todd and I also went to Homearama yesterday too. We looked at 8 beautifully built houses. Anda bout 3 of them had great interior decorating. 4 had so-so decorating, and 1 was painted lime green inside and was making us so nauseous we couldn't get out fast enough!

A new blog...I am looking into a new blog. I would like to go public again with it, but I won't publish this one, as I have no idea whether my ex might check it out. So, please be patient, as I would like to find a site that would work well for me, I'd like to bring over some of my old posts, and be able to be a bit creative. I take recommendations too. It'll be another month or two most likely, so just bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment