Sunday, July 26, 2009

This Month, This Weekend

This post was orginally suppose to be a quick one about this weekend's activities. I went to download the one photo I wanted to share...and that's when I found it. I hadn't yet downloaded my fourth of July pictures! Three weeks later, and I hadn't figured that out! LOL. Sometimes I amuse myself with my forgetfulness.

Now where was I?

Oh, yes, that's it, so before mentioning this weekend's news, I'll first post a few pictures from the Fourth.

We spent the Fourth on Canandaigua Lake at our friend's lake house. Like much of this summer, it was again abnormally cool...hence the reason it looks like I'm wearing pants and we're both in long sleeves!

Sitting on the dock

While cool and a bit rough, the lake was gorgeous!

Todd at the lake shore

The "beach", the water was a little high, so much of the "beach" disappeared!

Sitting at the edge of the dock

This past weekend was not overly eventful, I'm not even sure what I did Friday evening. Oh, wait, I do...I took a nap! I was that exhausted. Saturday was busy, Todd and I entered the 10 Ugly Men 5k. The Ten Ugly Men is a beer festival in Rochester. I hear it's actually a lot fun, though a lot of drunkeness too. But they start off the day with a 5k. I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but I felt accomplished afterwards and not nearly as sick as I had the day I ran the Firecracker 5 mile!

Afterwards, we ran a bunch of errands, Todd got his hair cut and we ate a late lunch at Blue Cactus, which is seriously the best Mexican food I've ever had. Afterwards, we hung out a bit before heading out to the Macedonian festival that was happening this weekend! How did we even find out there was such a thing? One of our coworkers is very much active in the local Macedonian community. She had given us a flyer, though, I'm not sure she expected us to show. But we did. And we are incredibly glad that we did so! The dinner of pork, veggies, and potatoes was incredible. We were so stuffed afterwards we had no room for dessert. At least there. So we bought $10 worth of tickets and used them to buy $10 worth of authentic desserts.



These are seriously so incredibly tasty. We finally got to try them today. The baklava (upper right hand corner of the to-go box), is the best.baklava.ever. No question. Our coworker's speciality. And man, can that lady cook!

Today I'm off to another friend's house for their annual Christmas in July party. Todd make raspberry and lemon bars to take for dessert. So I'm off...as I'm already late!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous lake! Looks like you guys had a great time, and those desserts just made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete