Sunday, August 2, 2009

Festivals and Food

This weekend has been wonderfully blissful. Blissful because for the first time in weeks, and I mean weeks, we didn't HAVE to do anything we didn't feel like. We had absolutely nothing set in stone. It was wonderful.

Friday after work was incredibly relaxing for me at least. I had a massage! I hour of blissful relaxation. I've actually been seeing the massage therapist for a few weeks now, I have a horrible gigantic knot in my back, that she has been able to make a world of progress on. After the massage I met up with Todd and we headed out to his aunt's place for a picnic/birthday party for some of his relatives who were in from out of town. Lots of fun, lots of cousins, lots of food! And I managed to impress everyone by shooting a couple of hoops in heels (I was still in my work clothes).

Saturday we took our time getting going. Actually doing loads upon loads of laundry...at least 6. After which we decided it would be fun to head out to the Park Ave. fest. It's basically a crafty/artsy fartsy festival in the Park Ave area, which is like the young yet very trendy area of the city. Lots of food there too. however, I am pleased to say that we behaved, and only split a 32 oz. fresh squeezed lemonade! However, my jewlry obession didn't fare quite as well. I left with 2 pairs of cute earrings and a new toe ring! It has a butterfly on it. Perhaps I'll post a pic...once I get another pedicure, which I need desperately.

After the festival we headed to a local Irish pub in Fairport that we had yet to try. And let me tell you that Mulconry's is a great place! We were saying we should just stop there every so often for a happy hour too. I gave into one of my favorite dishes..shepard's pie! Afterwards we had a nice relaxing evening at my place, enjoyed a glass of wine and watched the Harry Potter Order of the Phoniex DVD.

Sunday has been spent trying to get up the ambition to run the last couple loads of laundry that I have, so far it's been met with no success. Why would I do laundry when there's so many good Lifetime movies on just calling to me!?! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment