Just a quick update. Not much new on the future mother-in-law front which is good I think. I haven't had a chance to see her though either. And she and Todd haven't seen each other because by the time he gets home he's so exhausted he heads right up to bed.
On the wedding planning front -we have our photographer! So that's a load off our shoulders. We also have leads or appointments for florists, bakery and DJ.
Yesterday Todd took off to go home to do some more cleaning and packing in preparation for our move! Which is 2-1/2 weeks away! It's coming up so quickly. We are very excited about it! Soon we'll be coming home to each other every night! We're going to have a place that is just the two of us (and the cats of course) and it's going to be all ours! It's going to be so wonderful.
So while Todd was off working hard, so was I. I got about 6 more boxes packed up. I took a few things off the wall. I turned the tornado hit living room into a museum clean living room. I had fun vacuuming -- we splurged and bought the Dyson DC25 Animal, and with both our allergies and it's ability to pick up a ton of allergens and it's filter, we're hoping it'll make a big difference. Yes, I realize I just got excited about a vacuum. Yes, I admit I sound like June Cleaver. Yes - I scare myself sometimes! I also got the bedroom picked up nicely too while watching "Pregancy Pact" last night on Lifetime! LOL.
Today includes more cleaning and vacuuming -- some final touchups around the bedroom and then a scrubdown on the bathroom. Laundry loads 1 and 2 are done and put away. Loads 3 and 4 are in the dryer. And loads 5 and 6 are in the washer, wich loads 7 and 8 on the deck! I cannot believe how far behind I got in laundry! Another exciting thing about the move...our own washer and dryer! No more quarters! No more having to vy for the machine with others (I've been trying for 3 days to get them!).
More craziness at work too. They've announced layoffs. I thought I was in the mood to post about work. But I guess not. So I'll fill you in on all that soon. I *should* be OK, but I'll still take prayers. Regardless, people I know will be affected. Yeah, I'll fill you in next time. Lots of changes have happened over the past two weeks, and everything's just in a tail spin. Again, more later.
Have a wonderful week :)
16 Years
3 years ago
Oh wow, 2.5 weeks! That's so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about the move and see pictures of your new place.
ReplyDeleteI get SO excited about vacuum's and washers & dryers. Seriously. Buying new front loaders at Christmas was awesome - I love them. I'm still trying to convince DH that we need a Dyson....but so far it's not working.
I'll be thinking and praying about your job situation.
Oh no. :( Sorry to hear about the layoffs...that totally stinks.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're finding wedding plans shaping up though! That's exciting! Can't wait to see you!
Love,
Erin
Your move is coming up so soon! That is really exciting. Good luck with the move I hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to see photos of your new place!
ReplyDelete