Sunday, January 10, 2010

A "future wedding" type day

Just so you know...I'm sitting here with a mint green mask on my face typing this :) Great picture huh?

I really should have titled this a "future wedding" type weekend. I think all we did this weekend was stuff realted to the wedding. It's finally starting to hit, how much we have to do in so little time! I logged onto The Knot today (you all remember that site, the one prior to the Nest where 1/2 of us met!)...and it told me I have 238 days until my wedding! All we have so far is the church and reception hall. Nothing else!

So yesterday we did part of the fun stuff...we registered! We registered the other weekend at Williams Sonoma. Yesterday was Bed, Bath and Beyond. We knew this was going to be the main store we wanted, so we knew it would take us a bit. It took us 3-1/2 hours! I think we talked about every item prior to scanning it. And really working on coordinating looks and such. But 3-1/2 hours? Wow! We hit every "room" in that store. All in a good way though. And some of what we put on was for us...so we can use the discount after the wedding...but it has to be ON the registry to count!

Once we got home, we looked at Save the Dates again. And decided. And picted our photo for them! We're going to be getting little magnets. The photo will be in Sepia tones...so very pretty. Below is the phot we're using.
After that we started looking at potential invites, and more importantly we started looking at potential photographers! I have an inquiry into one, and Todd has asked me to contact another tomorrow.

Tonight we had dinner at his mom's house. Where she invited over some of his family. We had pizza, wings and great conversation! It was our first engagement type event. Most of these family members hadn't met me, so I knew going in, it was a "show Theresa off" party. But I had one of those when Todd visited Iowa too! :)

Tuesday we're meeting with the reception hall too. So it's a busy weekend and week regarding the wedding already! Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten how much there is to do when planning a wedding! Good luck with it all! The magnets are a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete