Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to my blogging family! (however, many are left out there!). I hope that you had a wonderful New Year's Eve, welcoming in 2010 with your friends and family, enjoying the big parties, or welcoming it in relaxing in your own homes. I pray that this year brings us all a year of fun, blessings and excitement.

Todd and I spent a very nice New Year's Eve with two of our closest friends at my apartment. We spent the evening, playing Guitar Hero, Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit, eating and just enjoying each other's company. A simple evening with great friends, was just what the doctor ordered for this girl!

It's been a crazy week for me. From my last post you know how crazy my Christmas was, wonderful but crazy. I did make it home on the 26th, but just barely! I landed in Chicago right on time, and got off the plane. When looking for my next gate, I saw that the previous Des Moines flight had not yet left, so I wandered down to see if I could get on standby. I made the earlier flight, with the fully understanding that my checked luggage would follow on my original flight. No big deal right? Wrong! The flight I managed to get myself on was the last flight that made it to Des Moines that day! The last four, including my original one, were canceled due to the weather in Chicago! So no luggage for me on Saturday.

My luggage was slated for "first available" to Des Moines. Well, apparently "first available" meant the third flight in on Monday. Monday! Not Sunday, Monday! I did receive my luggage until 4:30 Monday afternoon. It spent all of 36 hours with me before being rechecked back to NY! So I also spent 3 days in the same clothes (I did have clean underwear by the way, so that was a good thing!). I finally had given up and went to Kohls, to buy more underwear, socks, and a new sweater and turtleneck. That did the trick...my luggage arrived shortly after! I did make a couple of phone calls to United just trying to find out which city my luggage was in. So I got a $150 travel voucher out of it! I even drove to the airport on Monday morning to find out because the first girl I spoke with on the phone was not helpful! All in all it all worked out, and finally Monday at 5pm we opened Christmas gifts! My parents had waited all that time for me, and my luggage to arrive to open gifts!

Tuesday was my dad's birthday and I'm sad to say I completely forgot to pick up a card for him. :( We did all go out and enjoy a lovely dinner. He's 64 this year! My remaining time in Des Moines was spent with my parents, a few close friends, and eating way too much!

I did make it back on Wednesday without issue. A slight delay back into NY, but best of all....my luggage arrived with me!

Yesterday I had my first session with my personal trainer. I belong to the Y, and they have reasonably priced personal trainers...so I signed up for four sessions. I was assigned to the ex-Marine! Wow. I apparently have never lifted weights seriously. I got light headed and almost puked. After two exercises! This was not good. Not to mention embarrassing! I still expect my body to react to exercise like it did when I was a college athlete. I'm not. And I have to learn to accept the fact that I've let myself get sorely out of shape. I ended up not puking and we finished the session without further incident. I did have to sit down here and there, but no pain, no gain. And I am in pain today! Very in pain! I know it's all for a good cause...my health! I was bad last night with the eating and drinking....but was better this morning...1/2 a pancake, 3 pieces of turkey bacon (mmmmm!) coffee, and OJ.

I'm extraordinarily excited about 2010. In February Todd and I are moving to our new place. We're planning our wedding. And in about eight months....we'll be married! I'm getting married this year! To a wonderful, kind-hearted, most loving and caring person in the world. By this time next year, we'll be married for 4 months, have established our lives, and scarily be talking about our joint 2010 tax return! ~LOL~

Happy 2010 to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New year! 2010 sounds like it will be a fantastic year for you! You have so much to look forward to!

    You are lucky that you got the last flight out!!! That would really suck if you had to return home without seeing your family. Too bad about your luggage though!

    Good for you for getting back in shape with a personal trainer! I would love to have a personal trainer! Unfortunately they are way too expensive around here!

    Good luck with the wedding planning. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! This new year is going to be great for all of us - I can feel it :)

    I am so excited for you and all your wedding planning!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2010 to you! It sure sounds like 2010 is going to be a GREAT year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still here! Isn't traveling during the holidays so much fun? Glad your stuff didn't get lost for good!

    It sounds like 2010 will be a great year for you. I can't wait to hear all the details of your wedding planning. Do you think you'll be at the blogger meet up in June?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete