Merry Christmas! I hope that everyone is having a very happy and blessed holiday with your families. I know I am :) Though it's with my future family and not my family! I was scheduled to fly out of Syracuse (not my usual airport, but it was cheaper) on Wednesday evening. Todd drove me to the airport, dropped me off, and I went to check in...delayed. But only by an hour, so no big deal right? I cleared security, went to buy an apple juice and a water and starting reading at the gate. The next thing I know...delayed again...until 8. So now my flight into Chicago is delayed two hours. My flight to Des Moines is still showing on time. And it's the l
ast flight. Uh-oh, what to do?! In all honesty I was just not in the greatest of moods, and I was really not in the mood to spend the night and part of Christmas Eve day in O'Hare, especially knowing how many people would be in my same situation. So I had them rebook me. I gave up. I admit it. But not wanting to fly on Christmas Day...especially with the blizzard that was suppose to roll through Des Moines, I just had them rebook me out tomorrow (12/26) AND they rebooked me out of my regular airport!
In the end, apparently I would have made all my flights. They were all delayed 3 hours or more. But I wouldn't have gotten into Iowa until 1am central time! Which would have been 2am to my poor body. Yesterday would not have been pleasant for me OR anyone around me!
So Todd and my last Christmas apart, actually became our first Christmas together! We came down to Todd's mom's house yesterday morning, and visited his grandparents last night. We went to Christmas Eve service at the church he grew up in. It was a pretty service, and we pulled back into the driveway here right at midnight. So we wished each other a Merry Christmas and gave each other a sweet kiss. All so romantic...our first Christmas together!
Today has been relaxing so far, we've had breakfast and opened gifts. Todd's brother came over too. And we asked him to be in our wedding too! He's off visiting the grandparents now, we're all just relaxing and dinner will be a roast tenderloin later tonight! And then I fly out tomorrow morning. My parents are holding opening presents until I get there! And my mom is saving one last batch of Christmas cookie baking until I arrive too!
On the wedding planning front, things are moving along nicely...the church is all set, and we've picked our reception hall too! Picture below, it's ballroom, built in 1896! Gorgeous Victorian style.

Merry Christmas to all!
I am glad you still had a great Christmas and you will still be able to spend a late Christmas with your family!
ReplyDeleteLooks like wedding planning is going great :) Fun, fun, fun!!!