Saturday, May 30, 2009

Opa!

Another long week of work is done! Which of course is sad, considering it was only a 4 day work week! Oh well. I admit I find it very hard to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend. And I had almost a 4 day weekend, since I was done so early on Friday :)

Work this week has been a bit trying. I'm trying to get my training project up and running for my Six Sigma Black Belt class requirement. Well, I thought I had buy in from all of team members only to find out that one went behind my back to my boss to try to say my project wasn't "feasible". Funny he said that because he missed 2 meetings he assured me he would be at. Hmmmm? Anyways, I basically went and called him on it, and we had a good chat. I think I allowed him to save face and vice versa. We'll see what happens. But if he misses another meeting, I'm going to go to his boss and let him know that G "appears to have a lot on his plate", so I might need a substitute for him. Other than that issue, I think I got a lot accomplished on this, and on my other activities this week.

I have fallen in love with Zumba? Have you heard of it? It's basically a 45 - 60 minute cardio dance class. Indian, hip-hop, latin, and African! So much fun! And it kicks my butt :)

Yesterday after work, Todd and I hit up the local Greek Festival. We took a tour of the local Greek Orthodox Church, which was absolutely beautiful! The iconography there is gorgeous! And we caught it at the right time of day too, the tour wasn't packed and the sunlight was streaming in the beautiful stained glass windows! After the tour we had a great authentic Greek dinner, before heading out to see Star Trek! I absolutely loved that movie! Very neat. I fully admit that I am a trekkie. I loved Star Trek: TNG. And yes, I have all 7 seasons on DVD. Along with 1/2 of the seasons of DS9 and 1/2 of the Voyager ones. I work in the Aerospace field, what can I say? :)

Today has been a wonderfully lazy day. My plans include making a WalMart and Wegman's run for necessities and food. Actually, I think I'm going to stop by the local farm stand to see what fresh foods they have of late.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I guess Greek fests are nation-wide, ours was last weekend too!!! So much fun! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot going on! I'm sure you will get it all done and do great with it.

    Zumba rocks!! I took a trial class with a friend recently and loved it! I couldn't afford to join the gym where it was (and I already belong to a gym anyway) but my gym is starting up Zumba in July. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally jealous of your Zumba. We had one trial class at my gym last summer, but that was it, they haven't offered it again. I may have to hit up the suggestion box, cuz I'm not changing gyms until I get a new job.

    ReplyDelete