Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy Springtime

Hello! I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted. This past week has been extremely busy. I was in training down in Seneca Falls (about an hour away) at the company site down there. I'm being trained in Six Sigma Black Belt. It's lean, and it's a lot of statistics, control charts, and tons of other concepts. I commuted Monday through Wed., so that was a 2 hour round trip commute time. Thursday night I stayed over night, because each week of training we have a quiz on Friday morning. So I have permission from my boss to spend Thursday evenings overnight, so I can study for my quiz on Fridays...I guess then can get pretty hard. Good news, though, at least for this past week I got a 100% on it! Which is awesome, because all of our scores get communicated back to our company sites and to my boss!

The great part was Friday I was done at 9:30 in the morning! So I took the rest of thde day off, and met up with Todd at my place (he had already taken the day off). We just hung out, I took a nap later that day, and that night we finally got to go see Angels and Demons at the movie theater! Good movie, you definitely need to read the book too, as the movie doesn't have time to cover it all. I did like it better than The DaVinci Code.

Saturday was lots of fun, we took an early morning bike ride along the canal (Erie Canal). Went about 10 miles total, which I figure isn't too bad considering it was the first ride of the season. Most importantly Saturday afternoon my parents came to town! I haven't see them since Christmas, so it was SO WONDERFUL to see them! Todd and I took them out to dinner Saturday evening, and then Todd kindly went home so we could all spend some time together just chatting and socializing that evening.

Sunday was fun. I hung out with my parents in the morning after we all went to church. Then Todd and I went to a graduation party for one of our good friends, he just got his Masters degree! And my parents spent some time by themselves just exploring the area an driving around. My friend who's party we went to even got me a little gift...a 2007 tassle! I had mentioned that since I hadn't walked when I got my Masters I didn't even get a tassle and I wish I had at least picke up a cap and gown so I could get the tassle! So it was a wonderful surprise! We had a great time.

That evening we went to Steamboat landing for dinner, where my parents met Todd's mom for the first time! The parents got along wonderfully and we had a nice relaxing dinner. Though the service sucked. I'm sorry, there is no other word for it. Todd and I were terribly embarrassed. Our server was terrible, we had to ask for everything we needed..even water refills. The kitchen was pathetic...it took 75 minutes from the time we ordered before our food came out! So while the company was great and the conversation good, the service was horrid. Do NOT go there for dinner!

This morning my parents and I had a very nice and relaxing breakfast at a local diner. And then they took off headed back home. I'm heading down to Canandaigua momentarily to see Todd, I think we're going to go to the driving range and then take a walk.

This weekend has been wonderful, between the gorgeous weather, Todd and my parents being in town, I'm going to be really bummed heading back to work tomorrow! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are busy! That is awesome that you got 100% on the quiz.

    I had no idea you had your masters. Amazing... anyone who can do their masters is amazing in my books. My friend is working on hers right now and it is intense. I am just working on my post baccalaureate and it is hard enough!

    ReplyDelete