Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring has Sprung

Spring has finally Sprung in upstate NY! We have had a gorgeous few days here. Most have been a bit chilly, but all have been sunny. And I say give my cold and sunny any day! So much better than cloudy.

I was down in Seneca Falls this past week at Sig Sigma Black Belt training. This was the "easy" week as it was leadership training. I had a wonderful time, met some amazing people and learned a lot. It was actually quite humbling...as my big take away was that I don't know as much about being a project leader/manager as I thought I did. I was provided a lot of tools to use in the future, many quite practical, as well as lots of case studies and group exercises that also helped me to learn.

Friday after work/training, Todd came over to my place and we went out for a nice walk. We didn't really have a route or plan when we left. But it was such a nice day that we ended up walking much further and for much longer than we'd thought...over 2 hours! We were exhausted by the time we got back. We rested a bit and then went grocery shopping...so exciting on a Friday night right?!

Saturday I went shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods. Check out the new shoes I bought! I'm so excited.
That evening Todd went off to his bowling banquet and I went to a birthday party for Todd's cousin. That's right. I went to a Todd family event without Todd. I'm proud to say I survived and probably earned a lot of brownie points for showing up. I had a great time, and I know his cousin really appreciated it. Afterwards it home for laundry.

Today, I did not make it to church, as I slept in and was just lazing about. I did, however, go to the Y today to give their Sunday "gentle yoga" class a try. Gentle my a**! It kicked my butt. Great workout though. And I dfinitely feel longer and leaner because of it. I really need to try it more often.

Not the most exciting of weekends, but a relaxing and constructive one, which after the busy-ness of last weekend was welcomed.

Speaking of last weekend, I wanted to post some pictures of the new pages I did in my scrapbook, but alas, I'm having some major computer issues (DVD drive doesn't work anymore, computer picks and chooses when to reconize the camera). I do have one photo I took with my cell phone of a couple of tables in the room...now mind you this is while we're all still organized before it's all crazy!


1 comment:

  1. I like your new shoes! I am SO glad it is warmer (and finally Spring like!) How many scrapbooking pages did you do? I am trying to do one for Brooke but I am making very little progress! I was going to do one for my wedding but all I completed was 3 pages!

    ReplyDelete