So you like the new look? Thought I'd try something new. We'll see how long it lasts. I know about the non-existent link with the red x...we'll just have to deal with that for now! :)
I had my Toastmasters competition last night...came in dead last. :( Oh well...it was a good learning experience though, and I'm not sorry I went. Todd came too, he's such a sweetheart. It was a frustrating contest as it wasn't run too well. I just don't think the division govenor had the help he needed...one person couldn't mess it up by themselves. It got off to a late start, we weren't home until almost 11:30!
...which wouldn't have been so bad, if we weren't going to the American Heart Association's Heart Walk this morning! It was incredibly hard to get up with the alarm this morning! We made it though. Had a good time. They even had an indoor walk route which was great considering it was a mix of rain/snow outside (yeah...not quite sure where Spring went!).
Todd and I have had some great conversations over the past few days. Fairly serious ones. Yet both of us feel so comfortable speaking what we're really thinking and feeling, and NOT fearing what the other one might think or say. It is something both of us have not experienced before. It's such a nice change to have such an honest and open relationship! I'm sure to some, it might sound strange, but for us...it's relationship bliss!
Anyways, we talked a bit while waiting for the walk to start, about our eating habits...and our workout habits. Or lack thereof. I'm incredibly guilty of NOT getting in the physical activity that I need. I have this thing of really not wanting to get home much past 6:30 in the evenings. But I know many people do. They work until 5, workout, and might not get home until 7:30, shower, and then relax. I just have not figured out how not to feel rushed and hurried when I get home later. We're both supportive of what the other needs to do, and we both have agreed to "get on each other" (in a nice way) when we don't do what we're suppose to do. Of course neither one of us wants to feel like a hypocrite either!
Someone asked if I lost weight the other day...said yes...'bout 10 lbs. They said I looked good! Isn't that just the best when someone notices you look different?
I've also been kind of thinking I'd love to go public again with my blog. Or actually figure out how to get more readers. I don't feel comfortable going completely open (yeah, that whole ex-husband having access should he choose to look thing), yet I would love not to be so restrictive!
A post of randomness, yes, but I hope it finds everyone enjoying their weekend!
16 Years
3 years ago
I'm the same way with getting home in the evenings. Even on the rare night when I do work until 6 - I'm perfectly capable of going to the gym - but I'd rather come home and do....nothing. I'm really trying to work on that as well. I'm glad you and Todd are able to support and motivate one another :)
ReplyDeleteI bet the walk was really nice! I'm glad to hear you and Todd have been doing lots of talking and are on the same page for the future. If only I could get Will to get on board with me!
ReplyDeleteI know it will be nice for you to go public on your blog and i know it's something you've wanted for a while now.