Hello! I hope that everyone had a good weekend, and is doing well this week :)
Friday night Todd and I went out to dinner with a couple of friends. Actually, it's one of the quality engineers from work (who was my first mentor years ago when I started working) and his wife. What a sweetheart she was! They took us out to an "authentic" Irish pub, TP's. It's a great place, stone walls, beautiful wooden peaked roof inside, the flags of the Irish counties hanging, a bar, booths and tables. And of course the food! We had a wonderful evening, with great conversation, good food and good friends.
Saturday morning I met up with my girlfriend, A, to go to her stepmother's new boutique that just opened, Jackson and Hines. There was an open house to familiarize everyone with their products and show off the store. It was a great time, very educational, and I'm glad to have seen it. I'll definitely be back.
Satuday evening, I had a Toastmasters competition. I had placed 2nd at my club competition, but the first place winner couldn't go to the area contest. So I went. The "area" is made up of five clubs. So I competed again 4 others in the Evaluation competition. There was a target speaker that we all had to evaluate. We listed to his speech, and then were give 5 minutes to jot our thoughts down. Then to try to make it as fair as possible, they took our notes away until it was our turn to evaluate. (I should mention we're all out of the room at this point, since it's not fair for us to hear others before we go). I had drawn number 1, so I went first. I gave my 2 minute oral evaluation of the speech we had heard. After we were all done, the second competition was held, which I was not in, so I got to sit back and relax and enjoy the speeches that were being presented at that time. Well, turns out going first was a good thing. I won the competition! Now I'm on to the Division contest in two weeks. I assume the division is also competing against about 5 others. So we'll see what happens. :)
After the competition we went to a local sports bar to have drinks with friends, some munchies and we watched the second halves of a number of the NCAA tournemont teams.
Sunday was a wonderfully lazy day. I lounged. Watched some basketball, some America's Next Top Model, and hung out with Todd and the cats for most of it. I love days like that!
16 Years
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment