So I hosted a girls night tonight. Now I only know like 5 ladies my age at work. So I invited everyone over to my place for a "Girls Night In". Everyone was pretty excited when I first proposed it and was gaging interest in it. So you know how many showed up in the end. One. One girl. It was neat to get to know her better (I only met her when I took my new job, she sits one cube over). Everyone else declined or bailed on me today. I know it's not personal. However it really feels it right now. I actually cried after the one who did come left. I made Weight Watchers Mac & Cheese with Broccoli...yummy by the way. She brought veggies and we both had chocolate to share. Too bad it was only with each other. So I'm bummed. But tomorrow is a new day. And despite the hurt I'm feeling right now, I did have a good time tonight.
That is annoying! I hate it when people seem excited about something and then sell out at the last minute! Very frustrating! At least you were able to get to know your new cube mate! Hopefully it will turn into a great friendship!
ReplyDeleteI've had that happen a couple times too. It sucks when people do that when you put work into it. Once I threw a get together for a friend who moved away and was visiting and she didn't even show. It was just me and one other girl.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about this! It sounds like one of my birthday parties in the past. At least you got to know the girl who came :)
ReplyDelete