So I left off running out the door headed for Texas! Where I was meeting up with my good friends, retired blogger Sarah and Brittny. I flew in on Thursday evening, I had fun running through the Detroit airport to catch my flight to Dallas-Ft. Worth, and I was quite surprised when I saw that my baggage had actually arrived with me. It was great to see Sarah and we chatted the whole way back to her house.
As Sarah had to work on Friday, I was able to sleep in, take my time getting ready and then just lounge about, reading, watching TV and hanging with the dogs. Sarah picked me up and we were able to eat lunch together..Pei Wei. I had never heard of the place, but apparently it's a chain. So if you have one...the Salad Spring Rolls are delicious! And great for the diet. After lunch we ran an errand and then Sarah headed back to work for another couple of hours, while I enjoyed a Lifetime movie! Later on that afternoon we took the dogs to a nearby park and took a nice long 3 mile walk, at a pretty good clip. Can I just say I love all the parks in Texas. And the miles and miles of trails that are there for joggers, walkers, bikers. And the fact that you can pretty much go year round...love it!
Brittny arrived early evening and off for the girls night out that we had been talking about we went. We ate at a wonderful Mexican resturaunt, and then headed out to "our" spot...Pete's piano bar. Dueling pianos! Lots of singing, we made some new friends too, and a cab ride home. We were out fairly late...well, fairly late for us.
Needless to say Saturday started off a bit later than normal for us due to the night before. But by 11 we were up and off to spend a day down at the lake. Since all three of us had sworn that we would be sticking to healthy eating aside from that Friday, we dutifully stopped and picked up chicken, marinade, broccoli and potatoes. Then we discovered the chocolate in the fridge at the lake house and the Snickers in the pantry. We still had our amazing healthy dinner, and Sarah impressed both Brittny and I with her skills at the grill. Brittny and I took care of the potatoes...mmmmm...homemade mashed! And after dinner dessert was pinapple sherbert that Sarah and Brittny discovered in the freezer. Quite tasty, I had never had it before.
Sunday was a liesurely morning, and drive back to Sarah's...by way of Dairy Queen! Many of you know my obsession with Dairy Queen, we don't have them here in Rochester (grrrr), so when I see one, I get very excited! I got my oreo blizzard, so I was a happy girl. Oh...and I picked up girl scout cookies while we were at the lake. I forgot to mention that...thin mints...the best!
Will came to take Brittny away from Sarah and I shortly after we got back. :( So it was goodbye to her...but only for now.
Sarah and I decided it was time to do some shopping, so off we went. Steinmart and Ross's. Then lunch a Panera's. Then Sarah took me to the Water Gardens, in downtown Ft. Worth. It's a park...out of cement. But it's so peaceful. There is a stage for performances. A really large and deep fountain, a "quiet pool", and another fountain...well, it has 40 nozzles spraying water. There is also a "mountain", large 20 inch steps, varying levels, simulating a mountian. We climbed to the summit! Afterwards we wandered about downtown (which is the nicest downtown I have ever seen! ) and then headed off to Target before heading to dinner at Macaroni Grill. That evening we went back to the house and watched a chick flick before finally turning in.
I had to leave early yesterday morning, so Sarah dropped me by the airport on her way to work (well, it was actually out of the way, but you know what I mean). I made it back with no issues, though I thought it was quite cold getting off the plane in Rochester. Once again, I realize how much I really miss seeing the sun!
So that was our girls weekend. Definitely needed, and well deserved by all. I promise pictures soon, I need to upload mine and wait for Brittny (hint hint!) to upload hers. Then I promise a summary picture post.
16 Years
3 years ago
Sounds like you had a great time! :-)
ReplyDeleteI could really use some warmth right now ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an awesome girls weekend - Can't wait for the pictures!
What a fun weekend! That is so great that you were able to meet up with Sarah and Brittany! I remember Sarah (and her pups!) from the nest!
ReplyDelete