Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Best.Day.Ever!

Did I say it would take me a few days to get to a new "normal" in my last post? I meant a few months!

Simply put, this was the.best.day.ever.

It went perfectly. The weather even cooperated by going from cloudy to sunny - right after we said our vows! Now if that's not a sign! The day is a blur now, but it was a day of perfection. The bridesmaids (you'll recognize some!) spent the night and we all had our hair done at my place, which was great because we didn't have to stress about going out at all. We got ready and headed over to the church, where I watched from the balcony as the unity candle was lit by our moms. My flower girl was all hugs and excitement, so excited, and just a bundle of love. And then I walked in, and saw my soon to be husband. I don't think I saw anyone else but him for the next half hour. We had a wonderful ceremony, truly beautiful.

The reception was so much fun. I narrowly avoided someone spilling red wine on me. We enjoyed our wine toast, and our good friends J and S gave amazing and funny stories with their beautiful toasts. Our biggest fear going into the reception was - would anyone dance? You know those weddings you go to where not many dance? That was our biggest fear. We had nothing to fear! Everyone had a blast on dance floor!

Enjoy the photos :)


The flower girl & myself

Sunshine trying to steal the photograph!


My bridesmaids! You may remember "retired" blogger Sarah, my good friend S from the wine tours, and one of all our favorite bloggers, Brittny.


What a great group of good looking ladies!




The handsome men :) Mine is second from right.


My dad walking me down the aisle


We had a quartet of our good friends from choir sing at our wedding. They sang "My Cup Runneth Over with Love" and wrote two new original verses based on paragraphs Todd and I wrote about each other, and what the other means to us. Not a dry eye in the house by the time they were done!


The blessing


Right after the service - we were in our own little world


What a great group of friends! We are so blessed!


After the ceremony, on the Erie Canal


Our cake - so tastey!


Retired blogger Sarah and current blogger Brittny. After seeing them down south, they were able to come north and stand next to me during the most important day in my life! I am so grateful to have these girls in my life!


The look of love (don't you like the toasting glasses?!)


Cutting our cake. A good shot of the flowers too!


First dance as Mr. and Mrs.


Dancing with my dad



Todd dancing with his mom
Showing off our garters! As part of their bridesmaids gifts I got all the girls special garters. S has our alma mater of RIT (which just happens to be the same colors as our dresses - pure coincidence!), I have the University of Iowa (go Hawkeyes!), Brittny has OU (and we all know what a fan she is!) and Sarah if you recall is a Longhorn herself, so there's her UT one!

No reception is complete without the Electric Slide


Belting out Bon Jovi

I love this photo, it's a "frozen in time" moment, but it seems so long ago
Dancing the night away!


A beautiful night shot
No veil no shoes by night's end.
Holding on - Forever!

2 comments: