I have the dress! I have the dress! I have THE dress! I went shopping this past weekend with one of my bridesmaids and the future mother in law. Remember these issues I was having? Well things smoothed out, and I did have a wonderful time with her and S shopping on Saturday. Well aside from her trying to take an inappropiate picture (myunderwear was hanging out the back of the dress!), trying to convince me to order ivory, "because its tone goes so well with your bridesmaids colors" - for the record, I HATE ivory. It's great for others, but not me, white. White. White. -- and she wouldn't drop it. Thankfully S helped get me away. OK, either one of those things I can brush aside. But she wants to "stop by the townhouse to watch" me get ready the morning of the wedding! Seriously, are you freaking kidding me? Seriously? My mom...let me repeat that...MY MOM, will be in town for the wedding and my townhouse is going to be packed as is. That is my time with my girls, my parents, and in all honesty I want to keep it that way. I responded that I assumed she'd be spending the time with Todd and that she could see me at the church. Which is true, I don't mind if she stops in for a few minutes (a FEW minutes) before the ceremony. But she asked "oh, is that where you're putting on the dress?". She wants to see me get dressed! Why in the world would she think I'd let her see me in my skivvies?! I am so bothered by all of this. It's just one more thing, and one more thing she invited herself to. Or is trying. I'm putting my foot down on this one. Thankfully Todd is a sweetie and is swearing up and down he's going to talk to her (I hope he does soon). But seriously...watch me get ready? I know this is when she wished she had a daughter, instead of two sons, but she cannot live vicariously through me!
Work is work. No layoffs yet. I'm still miserable. Miserable. Stressed too. Which I know doesn't help the above situation.
We are all moved into the townhouse! Exciting! I'd say we're about 90% unpacked, so great progress in just over a week. I'll post pictures soon. And more once we're 100% unpacked. It's so nice to come to Todd every night :) And cats finally have settled in too. They were a bit kooky as can be expected at first. We're having our first party next weekend...for Todd's birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cannot wait to see wedding pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou definitly have to set boundaries with you mother-in-law now or it will be problem, after problem with her. This is a good time to be doing that.
ReplyDeleteI do think it is amusing how seriously you are taking this wedding though, consdering it is your second. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't think you deserve a wedding, just because it is your second. It's just that I don't think I would want all the frilly big deal if it were my second. But, I guess I didn't want all the frilly big deal for my first either. (I had a simple, but traditional wedding, mainly because my mom was very upset when I told her I wanted to get married in Vegas). I didn't take the wedding seriously, but I did take the marriage seriously (in case anyone was in doubt). I hope your day goes just as you want it.