Thursday, October 29, 2009

Slacking

Does anyone else go through periods of complet and total lack of motivation? I'm there right now. I skipped the gym tonight to come home and clean. My apartment is in such a state it's driving me insane. So for my sanity, I thought I'd just come home and give it a scrubbing. You know how far I got?

Nowhere.

I couldn't even motivate myself unload the dishwasher.

Seriously? I didn't unload the dishwasher? How pathetic am I?

Even more pathetic...I didn't care that the apartment complex people had to come into my apartment today for some maintainence, and that they saw it's current state. Wow. Serious lack of motivation on my part.

Add Image
On the plus side, I got to see Celtic Woman last night. It was some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard! I've embedded a video from youtube showing one fun song "At the Ceili", and then their version of Enya's Orinico Flow. So much fun!







It got me thinking a bit, while I am a perfect example of the American Melting pot (I'm Irish, German, Moravian, English, Scottish, and French). But I do tend to identify with Irish the most. I'm brown haired and blue eyed. My last name is Irish. But I admit to the German nose! I was just thinking, that just because I'm not a "pureblood" something doesn't mean that I couldn't do some research and try to revive an Irish tradition or two, or learn how to cook a traditional Irish dish or two, so I could pass a bit of that heritage onto my kids. Am I crazy? Oh, I do realize how ironic is it that I'm Irish and slacking lately...giving truth to the old "Irish are lazy" thing wasn't something I was going for.

So Celtic Woman has been the highlight of my week! And now I'm off...perhaps to finally unload that dishwasher.... :P

1 comment:

  1. Learn to play an Irish instrument!!! :D

    I am going to have to indoctrinate you into some more traditional Irish music than Orinoco Flow ;)

    ReplyDelete