Wow, time sure does fly. I was just saying what a long week this past week felt like, yet I'm not sure what all I really got accomplished at work. And next week is pretty much shot. Monday I'm spending all day with my boss (one of the VPs) and his "boss" from corporate (not the president of my division but the corporate VP he dotted line reports to). So it should be a very interesting day. I figure it'll either go really quickly or drag for absolutely ever. I even have to present during the lunch hour to him (the corporate VP)! Scary. My current fear...what am I going to wear?! I know how crazy to say that, but it's tough finding that right balance. I want to look good, but without going overboard. I'm not wearing a suit. And I can't wear a skirt, because some of the areas we'll be visiting I need to have pants and no heels on.
So there goes Monday. Tuesday will be a short day, because I'll then off to....CALIFORNIA! I'm headed out there for the Society of Women Engineers National Conference! I am so excited! I've been wanting to go to one of these for years, but the company was never willing to send me. (Cheapskates). My whole philosphy is you need to attend some of these conferences to learn, to meet others, find out about what others and other companies do, benchmark yourself, learn about new things, and new ways. Well, this one is perfect. I approached my boss and he was interested in it, but it was still expensive in his eyes. But I softened the blow, because I told him I wouldn't need a hotel (the most expensive piece of the trip), as I'm going to be staying with my old college roommate! So now not only to I get to spend 5 days at the conference in Long Beach, I get to stay with my old friend and her husband in West Hollywood. I wasn't thinking at the time, I really should have booked a few more days out there to just enjoy life, but at least I'll get to hang out with her a bit in the evenings. And something is better than nothing! I take the red eye back Saturday night and I'll be getting back home mid-morning on Sunday. So it'll be a whirlwind, but much fun. I have to remember to bring my camera.
Today is a lazy day. Both Todd and I are doing laundry at my place. Watching some football (and America's Next Top Model too), drinking coffee and reading a bit too. Tonight will be more football, dinner and cuddling. Then tomorrow. Hopefully church in the morning...then it's off to The Bills' Game! Fun fun :) Looks to be a cool day, but just perfect for jeans and sweatshirt, so it should be a great day!
16 Years
3 years ago
Have fun in Cali. I'm jealous! It's snowing like crazy here in Calgary so I'd give almost ANYTHING to go somewhere warmer - even if I DID have to go for work.
ReplyDelete