Maybe I should call this the THREE weekend update! Wow, I can hardly believe how long it's been. I have to admit, at first I was just holding out for photos...but I haven't downloaded everything, my battery is almost dead, and I'm too lazy to put a new battery in right. Perhaps sometime in the next three weeks I'll get them up here! Hopefully sooner than that though!
So, let's see...what I have been up to?
Well, I went to Camp Cory, for the YMCA's Women's Body and Peace weekend which was a lot of fun! I went with my good friend A, and her friend J. This is a trip I've made three years in a row now, and I love it. Such a relaxing time! A had never been and had a great time. We indulged ourselves in pedicures, massages, wine tasting, zip lines, canoeing, and enjoying wonderful food!
That same weekend, I was also surprised by Todd's family with a birthday party with a little cake and they even picked me up a couple of gifts! I'm not even engaged to the guy yet, and they're treating me so wonderfully! It was so surprising and such a sweet thing for them to do!
This past weekend wasn't as busy as others lately which was nice. Or I should say Friday and Saturday weren't bad. Friday evening Todd and I went down to his grandparents to celebrate his Nana's birthday. We could tell it completely made their evening to have us there for that hour or so. Saturday we woke up and went for a nice long bike ride along the canal, then Todd was off to play golf before I headed out to get my nails done, run a couple errands, then it was home, a nap and then 5 hours of scrubbing the apartment!
Sunday was my first NFL game! What a day! We rented a bus with about 15 other people for the day. Talk about a day of tailgating! It was my first experience with it, and can I just say, wow. People sure take their tailgating seriously! Turns out I had picked out great seats (did I mention I bought season tickets?!?!). The game was a good one, and the Bills even won, so we left very happy! Took an hour just to get out of the parking lot, plus a bit of slow going on the Thruway. So I didn't get home until about 11:30 at night....which wouldn't have been so bad...
...but my alarm went off at 4am yesterday. I had a 6:30am flight to Detroit! I was asked to act as a recruiter for my company at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) career fair. It was sponsored in part by the Society of Women Engineers...but my company was only sending men! My good friend is our new Manager of University of Relations, so she thought it would be a good thing for me to go! So I was there. It was a long, but good day. I am so impressed with the U of M engineering school! It was only a day trip for me, so again, I was home late. About midnight before I got to sleep.
...and the alarm went off at 5:15 this morning! Needless to say Dunkin Donuts and I have been best friends these past two days. I'm planning on watching the season premiere of NCIS tonight...and then I am sleeping. For a looooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg time.
16 Years
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment