I always said I would never live with a boyfriend before marriage (I've done it in the past). Todd and I promised each other a long time ago that we weren't going to move in together unless we were married. Well, we agreed there had to be a ring...
...sorry ladies! No ring yet, though he promises there is going to be one before the move in the date! *Smile* Yes, I've kept things fairly quiet, but Todd and I have been talking about "our" future for quite some time. And Yes, we are certain that marriage is in our future! We cannot imagine our lives without each other. I'm not pulling the "engaged to be engaged" whatever type talk. What I will say is, that we have a plan, it works for us, and this move, is just the beginning of the rest of our lives.
So "THE" move. We have a deposit down on a townhouse, 2 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath, 1-car garage, living room, dining area, study/den, storage, laundry, and a wonderful covered porch area. The whole place is about 1400 square feet. We are really looking forward to this new stage, and the best part about knowing where we're headed (literally) this far ahead of time, is that it's allowing us to budget appropiately for all of our needs and plan out what we want to do where within the townhome. We should have to aquire very little as we both have our places filled with stuff over the years. The current plan is to make the second floor "den" our family room with television, comfy couch and such. And the living room on the first floor will become a more formal sitting area.
Big news huh? :) I'm excited! And of course it's so hard to convey the emotions and smiles through a post. Floor plans below!
Second Floor

Yay! Seriously I am so excited for you. Todd seems like a really great guy and you SO deserve that! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so excited for you two! That's wonderful! Todd seems like such a great person. Maybe when DH and I make our trip to NYC in spring 2011 (I know, it's a LONG way off) we can meet :)
ReplyDeleteI love the floor plan. I love the mainfloor master bedroom.
Congrats on the new place, looks great. =)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm finally getting over to read your blog. That is such wonderful news, and I couldn't be happier for you. It must be so great to have a plan you're both comfortable with. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteAHH!! That's so exciting! :) And of course, we will need to meet up (since we've been talking about it forever) so I can hear all the details! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Erin