One thing I will say that I luck out on, is that I stand a good shot at my birthday landing on or about Labor Day weekend. The odds were with me this year...Friday! While most people at work took Friday off to get a 4 day weekend, I took it of for my birthday!...and to get a four day weekend :)
My weekend got off to an amazing start on Thursday evening. I was stuck at work until 5:30, so it was such a surprise to walk in to my apartment and find Todd...and a dozen beautiful red roses! As well as a very sweet "early" birthday card!
My birthday, itself, on Friday was great. Since I had the day off, I got to sleep in and once I did get up I found another gift from Todd in my kitchen: a new game for my Ninetendo DS! Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I'm incredibly addicted to it all ready...I love puzzles! And of course he had another wonderful card for me. Todd took a half day and met up with me in the afternoon. That evening we went out for a wonderfully romantic dinner at Pane Vino. And the weather has been so great that it allowed us to eat riverside! We had a wonderful relaxing meal and then went out to East Ave (trendy area of the city) to meet up with a couple of friends for drinks. I can honestly say that my birthday this year was one of the best ones ever!
Labor Day weekend has been relaxing, lazy, yet busy too. Saturday night we went out on Todd's aunt and uncle's boat to see the Ring of Fire on Canandaigua Lake. It's where everyone along the shore lights road flares along their property and it looks like "a ring of fire". I've talked about the one on Conesus on July 3rd in the past. Canandaigua does theirs on Labor Day weekend, but to see one from the middle of lake was really neat! Yesterday we went to church and then to hit a few golf balls at the driving range. I'm still a pretty bad golfer, but I'm getting less bad! lol. We also went down to Todd's grandparents to visit and show pictures from our trip. They were happy to see us, as we were them. Today is mostly laundry, and I HAVE to get work done too, but later we're off to Todd's mom's for an end of summer cook-out :) Which is great because I've been craving a hotdog for ages!
I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends...whether you had a long one or not! (I know I have a few non-American readers!).
16 Years
3 years ago
Us Canadians get Labour Day too (thank goodness!).
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your birthday was wonderful - that was so sweet of Todd to get you a "pre" birthday gift AND a birthday gift. :)
I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful weekend.