I can't believe it's been a whole week already! This past week seemed like such a long week at work. I was in and out of meetings all week long. I had another gate review for one of my projects. These gate reviews always include at least inviting the president of the division, 3 of the VPs (including the one I work for) and about 5 other people. Thankfully it went very well, only lasted 10 minutes! Which is good, because it means I present well. I'm afraid I don't remember much else from the week, it was just that busy! And that tiring.
Friday and Saturday were busy and fun as well.
Friday evening we went strawberry picking! Twenty-Three pounds of strawberries! And we picked them all ourselves. We made a nice strawberry topping to put over ice cream. And we're making strawberry perserves too!
Saturday morning I tortured myself by running another 5K. This one was the airport 5K. They had the course set up on one of the runways! I did not do nearly as well as well I had run the Lilac 5K. I was 2 minutes slower. 2 minutes! Ahhhhhh.
But to make up for my poor performance in the morning, I put it out of my mind and Todd and I went to a Rochester Redwings Game in the evening! We met up with some of our friends. RIT was having an alumni event that evening. We got premo seating and an all you can eat buffet! And the Redwings won for us too!
Today I am just sore. Beyond sore. In fact, after this post goes up...I'm heading into the bathroom to take a nice loooooonnnnnnng soak in the tub to hopefully loosen up some of these muscles!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. This week is a short week for me (we're off on Friday, and I'm seriously considering taking a 1/2 day on Thursday too), I hope it is for you too!
My half of the 23 lbs. of strawberries
Todd, almost done picking his portion
Does anyone else have problems with blogger randomly orienting pictures? This is the view from our seats at the Redwings game
Todd and I at the game
I hate it when the blog can't figure out which way is up on my pictures! Why does it do that?!?!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your preserves - I've been meaning to make some for a month or so... I even got a hold of my mom's old "water bath" canning pot. I have lots to learn, though, so I guess that's what's making me procrastinate. :)
Strawberry picking sounds like fun!!! Good for you for running another 5k! I need to get back into running!
ReplyDelete