...First stop was the Butterfly Conservatory! Literally thousands of butterflies all flying around! It was absolutely gorgeous!
They have plates of fruit for some of the butterflies to feed off of!
After the conservatory itself we wander around outside in their rose gardens...beautiful!
Then it was off to the falls themselves....
First up...a view of the American Falls....
Next up...a gorgeous view of the Horseshoe Falls...you can even see a Maid of the Mist in this photo at its base.
After our initial look at the falls, we decided it was time to get up close and personal with the falls...First up...Journey behind the Falls....
My nails glowed like crazy things!
Here I am showing off my golf ball, my nails and my glowing seams on the capris!
This is what the holes were kind of like...fun, a florescent!
After mini-golf we wandered around a little bit, finally ending up at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. it turned into a more expensive dinner than planned, so we formulated a new plan for desert...skip anything that Hard Rock had to offer and head to the Hershy's store that was just down the block! Todd and I each had 1 chocolate covered strawberry (mmmm....so good!) and 1 cookie. Delicoius way to end our evening!
Here's todd posing in front of the American Falls, just prior to our heading back to the car to head home.
A final shot of the happy couple on a great day!
So you think our story would end there, right? A happy couple, a great day at Niagara Falls...well, returning to the U.S. got interesting...if only for 15 minutes. We got to U. S. customs and after showing our passports and answering the typical questions, we were asked to pull our car to the side. Us, along with 3 other cars were lined up. We were all told to exit our cars and "stand against the fence". Well, they had this truck that took x-reays of our cars! I guess they didn't want to expose us to the x-rays, and whatever else they used to scan the vehicles. But nothing was found and we were all allowed to continue on our way. Still...interesting! I had never been delayed at customs before at all!
It was a long day (made even longer by blogger now...took me an hour to get this all posted with how slow it's runinng!), but a wonderful one. So I am off to bed now...I hope you enjoyed my little photo-diary of our day at Niagara Falls!
What a great trip! Looks like you guys had a blast! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteDH and I have never been to the Falls. One of these days we plan to travel east to see them and visit some local wineries. Boy - are the ever beautiful!
That sounds like such a fun trip! I have never been to Niagara Falls, I would definitely like to go some day. I LOVE butterflies so if we ever go to the falls we will definitely have to stop at the butterfly conservatory. Crazy that your car got x-rayed! Glad it didn’t delay you too long though!
ReplyDelete