Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The BIG Day!

No...not that BIG day...but another pretty big day in a relationship. Todd met my parents!

After more than 6 months of hanging out, dating, etc. Todd finally met my parents! He was sooooooo incredibly nervous, it was hilarious to watch...though I felt bad for him too. He was practically pacing around my place when we found out the folks were only 20 minutes away. But I'll have you know he did great! We all socialized at my place for about a 1/2 hour and then headed to a wonderful Italian resturaunt nearby. Lots of bread and a trip to Friendly's for dessert later he had completely won over my parents. Not that it took much mind you, because he's just that great of a guy!

The folks love him. They think he's a great guy, extraordinary, wonderful, and a gentleman. Those are all direct quotes too. I'm so glad they like him and he likes them. After we got back to my place Todd graciously excused himself to give me and parents some time alone...he went to meet up with one of his friends for a beer. I guess after that evening he deserved it!

Saturday he came back over and we spent some more time with 'rents and their friends who traveled out with them before all of them took off for the next week. So that afternoon Todd and I went to Canaltown days down in Palmyra which was a lot of fun...a cute parade and lots of food and crafts. Then a group of us went to a pizza parlor for dinner and then to a friends' house to chat and just socialize.

Sunday was very relaxing...Todd came over and we watched the Bills beat Jacksonville. Well...Todd watched, I fell asleep! A 4 hour nap! Well, it was a busy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a big day! I'm glad to hear things went well with Todd and your parents. Do you have another big weekend planned this weekend? Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a BIG deal! Glad that it went well!

    ReplyDelete