Friday, February 4, 2011

What a week!

I took a poll at work today...it was 10 to 1, this week at work was just CRAZY! For me this week's craziness started last week...around Friday. I was tasked with coming up with a crazy new process and rolling it out across a division of almost 6,000 people by today!

Yeah...so that didn't happen. I mean there's reasonable and then there's insane. However, no one can't say I didn't try. I worked like mad attempting to create form, an example, instructions. I worked with Communications to develop a training roll out package, we're working on emails, etc. It was just too much to occur that quickly. And not for nothing, but you just can't roll-out a new process via email! In fact, my company has done an amazing job telling people that you don't take direction via email! You reference released documentation! So, we're frantically trying to pull the last of it together. I hope to have forms and procedures released on Monday and communications out Tuesday.

But trying like mad to make today's date meant that the past two days I was at work until 6pm or later! And while I was hopeful to be out of work by 3:30 today...at least I was out by 4:30...progress!

I left work and drove down to visit my mother-in-law. Todd took today off of work, because he mom was having surgery. The doctor's were looking to repair her rotator cuff as well as her bicep...but her rotator cuff damaged beyond repair. So while they repaired her bicep, she's just going to be limited with the strength of her shoulder.

I stopped by a florist on the way and picked up a cute little bouqet of flowers, and I found bath balls! You know those balls you drop in the tub and they fizz and fizz and fizz? Well, this was a new take on them...it's two bath balls...shaped like cupcakes! They look real...and smell real too! And my mother-in-law loved them!

1 comment:

  1. ooh check out lush.com for some awesome bath bombs and fizzers/bubblers

    ReplyDelete