It's been much longer than I intended to let lapse prior to posting again! February is just flying! I admit, I have just been kept very busy at work over the past few weeks.
Last week was a rough week. Even with Monday being Valentine's Day. Now, Todd and I had decided that we were going to celebrate our Valentine's Day on "date night" - which is Thursday. So Monday was just going to be our usual routine, and we'd have dinner at home.
Well. That didn't quite work out. I came home from work, frustrated and upset, and managed to con my hubby into taking me to Red Robin for a cheeseburger! I admit, I used unfair tactics in convincing him. I mentioned, yummy juicy burgers. I mentioned delicious parmesean garlic steak fries. I even pulled out the - it's your birthday month and we don't want to lose the free burger they're giving you. I know, I'm pressing my luck...but he took pity on me - I looked pretty pathetic too.
So for Valentine's Day, we ended up at Red Robin, where we still had to wait 30 minutes for a table (who knew it'd be so busy?!), enjoying our delicious, gourmet burgers. And, they even gave us a free birthday sundae to split for dessert. Red Robin...yummmm!
Tuesday - even rougher day. I didn't leave, yes leave, work until 8pm! Enough said. Bad day.
Thursday rolled around. Our Valentine's Day had finally arrived. We celebrated by going to The Green Lantern Inn, for one of their wine and dinner pairings. It's a wonderful place, one that does special events. It's an old Victorian Mansion, they do up the decorations based on seasons. But these dinners...oh the dinners. Their chef is just a genius! It's a five - yes five course meal, each course paired with a different wine. And their wine pairings, are just perfect. I have learned to appreciate the art of tasting wine with food. There's nothing like it. No worries...Todd is always the DD! I don't try to drive after about 4 glasses. And Todd is careful about what he has. Always. Our dinner was perfect, and we were seated at our own table. It was a wonderfully romantic night and a perfect way to celebrate our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife!
This past weekend was fun. As we had friends over for Sunday brunch. Another couple and their two adorable little girls. The girls are 3 and 5, and quite the handful. But so much fun to play with. Playing catch, teaching them how to pet the cats - nicely. I do have admit - after 4 hours of hanging out with those two...I was ready for a nap! Whew.
This week, is a bit better a work. Yesterday was rough. Again. Today was slightly better. And I think I worked through a few of the issues from last week. My fingers are crossed that I survive until the weekend...I think I might, might just make it!
16 Years
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment