Well, I survived my first fully week back at work! There were times I truly thought I wouldn't. It's amazing how fast 2011 has taken off and gone running ahead...without me at times!
Monday was an OK day. Everyone was getting use to being back, at the very least after a long weekend, and most had taken the week and half off like myself. But by Tuesday - I was in lots of meetings, trying to catch up on email, and finish a presentation for Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursday I can barely remember and Friday I only saw my desk for 25 minutes the entire day! Craziness I tell you.
Question for you - do you work at home much in the evenings? I know I need to log-in more often from home to try to stay on top of things, but I don't. I find myself so in need of relaxation after working an 8.5 to 9 hour day (and then going to the gym or running errands) that I just never seem to get up the gumption (did I just say "gumption" - for real?) to do so. Even when I haul my laptop home. So my question is - do you stay more at work? Are you really productive during your 40 hours? Or if you do log on at home do you have trouble getting motivated to do so?
I had an "OK" week as I got started trying to be more conscientous about taking steps to slim down. I packed healthy lunches every day. I only gave into the cafeteria once (it was a rough day and the pizza was just screaming my name!). I made it to Zumba on Monday and yoga on Tuesday. And Todd and I took a two mile walk on Saturday together. But I need to do more, I know that.
Todd is putting me to shame exercise wise - I am so proud of him. He has woken up every morning (aside from today) and gone to the clubhouse to walk two miles on the treadmill. Then he does "8 Minute Abs" and "8 Minute Buns" at home. Then he also made it to the gym twice already to lift. He lost 4 lbs this week! (I lost 0.4lbs. - pooh).
My clothes are very tight right now. In fact I put on a pair of pants to wear to church today and couldn't even button them. I was so embarrassed. And mad at myself for letting myself go. Somehow I need to try to do better in the mornings - I don't exercise - surely I could do something before I shower and get ready. I need to eat lots more fruits and veggies. Lots more! And I need to get exercise every day. Most importantly I need to implement the discipline to do so. Now. Watching Todd is starting to motivate me...I need to take the push and push myself out the door!
Week 2 of the New Year is up now...think I can survive it? It's going to be busy again, but right now my schedule is showing less meetings this week - so I hope that means I'll be busy at my desk, plowing through my pile of papers, so I can leave this week a little more relaxed than last!
16 Years
3 years ago
Before I left my job in December I got on a fruit craze and on mondays would bring in a huge assortment to keep on my desk for whenever I needed a snack. Various berries, apples, clementines, etc. It definitely helped keep me away from all the crappy snacks around my office. Though I will admit to caving to the occasional chocolate craving (you kind of have to once in a while, just don't overdue it). I'm trying to do the same at home now. =) Michelle
ReplyDeleteI'm in the "get healthy" mode too. I'm finding that tracking what I'm eating REALLY helps. Sometimes it can be a pain, but it really does make a difference. I can easily forget I ate a cookie in the afternoon and then eat a cookie after dinner, but if I track it I can't forget it. I use Lose It (iPhone app and online) and it also shows you if you're over/under, so if you want to work out to burn off the extra calories you know how much to burn. (I'm working on a blog post for sometime this week to explain more of what I'm doing).
ReplyDeleteI hate working from home. Hate it. During my busy season (which I don't have anymore) I'd spend anywhere from 10-14 hours at work and then go home and try to make it to the gym. I've never really enjoyed working from home, but if I know I have something due, I will. I'm more likely to work from home if I work from home all day (which isn't always something I can do) or if I sit down for an hour or two on Sunday evening to prep for Monday. Other than that I try my best to leave work at work.
Hey Theresa! I was just scrolling through blogs to see who is still keeping up. It's nice to check in with you all. I feel like there is so much going on with everyone but I have no idea what. I just catch little bits of information from facebook. You had yourself a busy year, huh? Sounds like it was a good one, though. Good for you and Todd for working on getting healthier. I need to do the same thing, too. I'm working a desk job now and it's way easier to snack on bad things now. Hope to hear more from you soon!
ReplyDelete