OK, not really, but I did have an interview with one a week ago today. Remember how I had said I was unhappy in my position and was really starting to look to get out? Well, I found a position internally that I applied for. I really stuck my neck out...it's posted 6 wage grades higher than what I currently am! But I read the job description and said "I can do that job". It really shouldn't be posted at as high of a wage grade as it's posted. Its official title is "Director of Operations Stragetic Development"...or something close to it.
So about 2-1/2 weeks ago the VP that my organization is under, and the VP that this job is working directly for, caught me in the hall essentially and asked me to "stop by and chat". Chat? Is that an interview type chat? A "nice try, but you're not going to get it" chat...what kind of chat?!?!
So last Monday I went in for "the chat". It was an informational/mini-interview "chat". Which is exactly what I was prepared for. I knew why I wanted to the job, I gave him my strengths, I showed confidence, I threw about the names that I needed to. And he said multiple times how impressed he was that I applied for the position. He basically told me it took a lot of balls...though he did say it much much more PC like.
So apparently he wants to turn the job into a rotational training position. It would still be working directly for him, in the same position, with very similar responsibilities, but it would be designed to be only one someone would take for 2-3 years. Perfect! I wasn't planning on working in it longer than that anyways!
So I came out of "the chat" feeling pretty good. I know I'm in the running. And even if I don't get it, I know I earned a lot of brownie points and really impressed him with my guts. He also knows I'm not kidding around...I want to move up. Yeah, I'd be disappointed, but I know either way this was a good thing.
So please keep your fingers crossed. I really really want this job now!
As to the one at RIT...they're still interested, but due to the economy they slowed the hiring process a bit. And I"m not all that interested. We'll see.
Wow! That's so awesome. It sounds like it was a good move to apply. I'll say a quick prayer for you. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI hope that the job pulls through!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done, congrats! Fingers crossed. Also I want to suggest that you use something besides "So" to start your blog paragraphs ;) *ducks the deserved smack*
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear you're coming! We'll definitely have to meet up. What city will you be in? Give me an email at kristinmwarner@hotmail.com and we'll work out the details. Fun!
ReplyDeleteThe new position soulds like it would be great for you! I hope it all works out!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the "chat" went so well! My fingers are crossed that you get the job!
ReplyDelete