Saturday, November 15, 2008

Utah

Hello! I know I've been absent for awhile, however I was off and about to the Mountain Time Zone! I traveled to Utah earlier this week for business. It got off to a rough start...my luggage arrived approximately 16 hours after I did! And only an hour before I desperately needed it....5am!

The highlight of the trip had absolutely nothing to do with work. I met up with fellow blogger Kristin for dinner! We ate at a Thai resturaunt, which waas a new experience for me and absolutely delicious! We talked non-stop for 2 hours. It was so wonderful to meet her in person. We have quite a lot in common and have many of the same views on things as well. It's such a pity that we live two time zones apart!



Just prior to dinner my coworker and I decided to make a quick stop at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. I wish I had had more time to look around. It was absolutely beautiful. We walked about and actually went into the Tabranacle where the Mormon Tabranacle Choir sings...the acoustics are absolutely out of this world! And the marble pillars...are actually wood painted to look like marble. Crazy!

The temple is in the picture below. Amazing! And we saw the sweetest thing...a young man proposing to his girl! It was so wonderful to see that pure happiness!




The place where the business trip was actually too was about an hour north of Salt Lake City. And it was only about 25 miles south of the Idaho border. My coworker had never been to Idaho and I hadn't been since I was about 7, so we drove up. Took a photo. Drove across the boarder. He tapped his foot on the ground, and we turned back around!



Utah is absolutely beautiful! We managed to bring the Rochester weather with us...clouds and rain. Everyone kep apologizing for the not so nice weather! Even though it wasn't sunny and clear like they normally are the scenery was still beautiful!




Finally the rental car. I love my job. Check out the Mustang I drove around for 3 days!




It was a great trip, and it was wonderful to get out of Rochester...and it didn't cost me a dime!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting that you were able to meet a fellow blogger! :-)
    When DH and I went to Vegas in April we had an hour layover in SLC, but it really wasn't enough time to see anything other than the airport.
    I'm glad you had a good work trip (minus the lost luggage - UGH!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you've been to some of my old haunts! I loved Idaho, and Utah as pretty cool too.

    I got lots of jokes about potatoes from our classmates when I told them I'd be co-oping in Boise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good trip, and so excited that you got to meet Kristin! I always love blogging friend meetups :)

    Love the rental car! That must have been fun to drive. Last time I traveled for work, I got a Toyota Corolla LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip. That is so great that you and Kristin were able to meet up!

    ReplyDelete