Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The secret that wasn't

So, last time I posted I alluded to some possible "news". Well, what I was referring to was that I was going on an interview. As some of you know I have become increasingly disatisfied with my workplace. It's not the program that I work on, or the people I work day to day with, it's my "functional leadership". OK...I can't stand my operations engineering leadership team. Most of them are idiots and the one or two I do trust can't do a darn thing because they just aren't high enough up. So I've started posting my resume and looking around.

Well about a week and half ago I had an interview. It sounded more interesting than it turned out to be. I got a follow up interview yesterday, which let's just say I didn't appreciate...I basically felt attacked because they misinterpreted something I said (nothing bad they just didn't grasp the concept) and they liked to hear themselves talk. Or least a couple of them. I just don't think it's the place for me. So even if I do get an offer I'm not taking it.

However, I have applied for another position within my company (just outside of my OE department). Please please please keep your fingers crossed that I at least get an interview. I'm really reaching fairly high...it's a job 6 wage grades above my current one and it's working directly for a VP at my company! So if I can land an interview I'd consider my application a success.

So that's my news...I'm job hunting on the DL.

MB - if you happen to read this...please please please don't mention anything to JK (he's my supervisor now!). He's one of the few I trust, but if he hears this it puts him in a really awkward position.

I'm still having intermittent internet issues...so hopefully they'll be solved shortly...Todd was working my computer last night trying to fix things for me.

I hope my next post to be shortly with photos of all the activities from the last couple of months! I promise to try to comment on everyone's blogs soon!

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing how things are going with the hunt! Hopefully you hear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the hunt! I can completely relate to workplace dissatisfaction. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, I won't say anything. I understand the situation you're in. I don't really talk to the K's too often anyway.

    Good luck with the hunt! We're hiring lol. There are a LOT of places in Buffalo hiring but I don't know if you'd leave Roch!

    Let me know if you need help, or a reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find a fantastic job that makes you happy. Hating your work place totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the transfer works out and the internet issues get solved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Theresa! It's been a while so I thought I'd stop by. Good luck with your job hunting! I know how much fun (er, not fun) that can be.

    ReplyDelete