Monday, August 18, 2008

Ren Fests and Cousins

I have had an extremely busy week and weekend. So I'll start by showing a few pictures from that Renissance Festival I was speaking of. Todd and I went with a couple of friends and had a great time!


The entrance to the Ren Festival


The food of course was half the fun...I'm eating a fudge covered brownie!


Todd and I at the festival



The cast that worked there was very good!


Here I am in a wench outfit! What fun :)


This past weekend my cousin came into town. Well, I drove down to pick her up from a conference at Cornell in Ithaca and brought her back to my place. Friday evening we went to a music festival out in downtown Rochester...much fun.

Then Saturday we drove up to Niagara Falls. It had been years since I'd been and she had never been, so of course I had to take her! We went over to the Canadian side for the day.


We started off at the butterfly conservatory, thousands and thousands of butterflies!


Ooops...sorry about the bad angle here, but they had plates of food out for the butterflies to feed on.


Can you see all the butterflies on the bushes...there are quite a lot.




My cousin's first look at Niagara Falls!


Horseshoe Falls


Cousins in front of the falls...we had an amazing time!


At the top of the falls.


Having a blast!



We went to Journey Behind the Falls, so this is looking from behind them out!


Then we got right up next to the falls...it was a little wet!


OK...a lot wet!


By the time we got on Maid of the Mist we'd figured out the best ways to stay dry!


View of the American Falls from Maid of the Mist.



My cousin by the Class 6 rapids.


At the White Water Walk


This picture doesn't even do the size of these rapids justice.


Having fun, but getting tired!

That evening we enjoyed our time just hanging out. We picked up Taco Bell (her choice) and cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Changed into our PJs and just watched the Olympics all night while eating our marvelous dinner!

Sunday we ended up sleeping in until almost 11:30! I didn't even hear my alarm go off for church, that's how tired I was. So we got up and went to the mall. Clothes are much cheaper over here for her (oh...did I mention she's from England?)...so we went shopping. Both of us behaved ourselves pretty well. Though we did pick up sunglasses. The same ones! LOL.


Blues Cousins?

It was so hard to say good-bye to her today. I miss her already!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! It's funny you post about Niagra Falls... I just finished a book by Joyce Carol Oates titled "The Falls" ...how neat you posted pics of the places she writes about!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I told you before but I <3 your hair short like that!! Super cute!

    I'm glad to see you're having fun. Ren fest is a blast!

    Oh and you look ALOT like your cousin, could be sisters if I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete