So guess what I just bought?! Bet you can't guess!...
...Milk...
...in a glass bottle!
Yes, I am that nerd, who gets excited about glass bottled milk. I honestly don't think I've ever seen it in the U.S. I've seen glass milk, juice and other bottles, all over Europe when I've been, and I wish we had them here. Better for the environment, can recycle or in this case, return them to the store and they send them back to the dairy to be resteralized and then reused. How cool is that!?!
I think I've said it before, but I'm not a crazy strict all organic, all enviromentally friendly, person. But where I can, I do. I use my reusable shopping bags when possible...unless I need plastic ones. Because I use the plastic ones to scoop the litter box. I love farmers markets (www.localharvest.org is my best friend!). And I support the local co-op (www.abundance.coop) and a newly opened local market (http://www.redbirdmarket.com/), which is where I found the glass bottled milk! A 1/2 gallon is only about $0.30 more than the 1/2 gallon in the plastic container. I also pay a $0.50 deposit, which is refunded when I return the bottle. So for about $1 more per month, I help out the environment and feel better about it. Pretty cool huh?
So my class reunion the other weekend was a lot of fun. It was really good to see many people who I hadn't seen in 10 years. I so can't believe that it's been 10 years! How crazy! That Saturday was a picnic in the afternoon, which was so neat to see everyone's kids. And then that evening was the "adults" party at the nightclub. I still question the nightclub as the place for the reunion. We did have to ourselves, which was great, but they were playing music, so we were all yelling a bit to speak. Afterwards a group of us went out to a slightly quieter bar for some additional socializing and had a great time there too.
I cannot tell you how quickly we all slipped back into high school mode..."what are you wearing tonight" was the text of the day! So true. I went through 3 outfits. I admit, I was disappointed not to go back as my cute little size 4 that I had gotten to in college (I was a 10 in HS). I'm much heavier now than I was then, but thankfully I don't look it...at least not too terribly much. I have however, rejoined weight watchers as of last week!
The only hard part of the reunion was seeing everyone with their husbands and kids. It was difficult. I want a family so badly. I want a husband to love, and to love me. I want children. And it was all just taken from me. Ironically, by my own husband. Don't get me wrong, I know that my marriage with my ex was not good, and I am much much happier where I am now. But it's still tough at times. I do want to be married....but to the right man.
And to answer a couple of burning questions...yes, things are going wonderfully with Todd!
16 Years
3 years ago
Glad you had a good time at your reunion! My 10 year reunion is next year! I can't really believe that I have been out of high school for 10 years already! Crazy how the times goes!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear things are going so well with Todd!
Yay! I've missed seeing your posts! I'm glad you had a good time at the reunion--you're much braver than I--I totally skipped mine last year. Ha. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad things are going well with Todd--we still need to get together for dinner or something!
Love,
Erin
Hate to disappoint you, but we had glass-bottled milk in Hilton, NY in the late 80's. I hadn't seen it all through my RIT years, though. The company name was Byrne Dairy, I think. We could return the bottles for reuse as well but as I was about ten at the time I don't know the specific.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you are a nerd.
Just Kidding.
I would totally be excited too!