...I do exist. Really, this is not an illusion.
Can I just what a crazy couple of weeks it has been? IT'S BEEN FREAKING CRAZY!
I can't even remember 1/2 of the previous week at work, and this last week was incredibly crazy. Monday, I was at work until 6:30. Tuesday it was 7. Wenesday it was 6:30 again. Thursday...well that was my lucky day. I was only there until 5:30. Oh, but did I mention that on Thursday I didn't get to eat breakfast or lunch? Yeah, so I didn't get to eat that day until 6pm. But of course it wasn't just the working 10 and 11 hour days it was the crap of coworkers and warring groups that I had to deal with. Seriously girls (and guys) last week was the biggest pissing contest at work that I have ever seen. And yours truly was stuck in the middle of it. Now this is where it was adventageous that I am dating one of the engineers from a "cousin" of one of these groups. Because when I got home on Thursday (a day incidentally that he took a 1/2 day) and he came over and saw me, he let me vent it all to him. The great thing...he gets to play peacemakers/dictator come next week regarding all of this! *wicked little smile* When I walked into work on Friday morning I already had 42 hours logged for the week. I spent a very busy Friday working until 2pm (7 hours bringing my weekly total to 49 last week), and then, I got to leave...IT...ALL...BEHIND.
Yup that's right, it was my (now) annual pilgramage to the YMCA Camp on the shores of Lake Keuka for my Women's Body and Peace Weekend. Ahhhhhh. Such relaxation. Such joy. Such Food!
I arrived Friday afternoon and met my cabin mates for the weekend. Well, all save one, she wasn't there yet. I wandered about a bit, and thankfully the staff opened up the waterfront. It was about 93 degrees and felt like 100% humidity. So, while the lake was chilly it was a very very refreshing dip. Met some other wonderful ladies while swimming. Dinner was chili and a baked potatoe bar, with deliciously yummy brownies for dessert. After dinner was the "icebreaker" activity...wine tasting! Rooster Hill winery came with about 5 wines for us to enjoy. We all made wine charms for our tasting glasses and the camp provided yummy snacks, cheese, crackers, chocolate patries, and my personal favorite...chocolate dipped strawberries!
So you all remember last year when I went on this trip? Remember how much I did? Well, let's just say this year, come Saturday, I didn't get up for Sunrise Yoga. Nope, I got up for breakfast! Which was quite good -- chocolate chip pancakes and sausage for me! After breakfast I went and got my pedicure for the weekend. Bright pink shimmery polish. Well, you all know how exhausting that can be, so of course I took a nap after that! LOL. I know, lame right? But I was tired. I woke up for lunch and then instead of going on a nordic walk I bailed and headed back down to the water. I swam for a bit and then layed out and read until it was time to go for my motor boat ride at 4pm. I was thinking about checking out the high ropes course...until I saw how high "high" really was!
I truly enjoyed my group meditation experience before dinner. The lady that comes to lead us is great. Since I have been seeing my counselor (she's great!) I have truly embraced guided meditation. It's absolutely amazing how refreshed and better I feel after a session. Dinner was AMAZING on Saturday! Chicken and Fish that was coated and marinated with great spices and herbs. "Smashed" potatoes with garlic and parmesan, rice, salad, fruit. Mmmmm. Of course my favorit part was dessert...and ice cream social! It was make your own sundaes. I had vanilla ice cream, cumbled chocolate chip cookies, crumbled brownies, M&Ms, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and of course a cherry. Perfecto!
Once again, come Sunday I slept through sunrise yoga. I chose a continental breakfast over pilates. I did go to morning devotion which was quite nice. I have the coolest picture from the chapel, I'll post those at some point. Our bruch was delicious! My personal favorite was my waffle topped with warm strawberries and whipped cream! I was good, I only had one, though I wanted many more. After brunch I went and had an hour's massage. Then took a few photos, packed up and headed out.
So that is where I've been the past week and a half or so!
16 Years
3 years ago
There you are! I thought maybe you went back to Paris! It sounds like you have been crazy busy! Will things be slowing down at work now? I hope so.
ReplyDeleteYour "camp" sounds like a load of fun. How nice to simply relax.
Take care!
Wow, you've definitely been BUSY!
ReplyDeleteYour camp sounds like such a wonderful way to get "away" and just relax.