Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ancestoral Homage

Can I just thank my ancestors? Not sure exactly which side of the family I should be thanking, I know my mom's side was great with this, I think my dad had some good ones too...

...I had my dentist appointment yesterday...just a 6 month check-up, but once again, yours truly had no cavaties!

Now why is this so monumental you ask...because I've never had one! Not one, not ever! I'm almost 28 and have never had a cavity!

I have no idea how common that is, as I'm sure it's getting more common, but at least out of most people my age, I'm one of the few that has never had one.

I have been traumatized by the dentists and orthodontists in the past (4 baby teeth pulled at age 7, another 4 at 9, oh yeah 4 baby and 4 permanent at age 10, and let's not forget the wisdom teeth at 15 -- so yes if you just added it up, I've had 20 teeth total pulled in my life!).

So while I normally give my parents a hard time -- a lovely small jaw thanks to dad and wonderfully large and pretty teeth thanks to mom (hence the paragraph above regarding the making of room in my mouth), today I give thanks...to wonderfully strong teeth from both sides!

Such randomness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment