Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bonjour de Paris!

Hello from Paris! We have free WiFi in our apartment, so I'm going to be able to post periodically.

It was a bit of an adventure getting her. My friend L and I were suppose to meet up on Philadelphia and fly over together. We purposly worked our tickets that way. Well, there was some weather in Philadelphia. And apparently I never stood a chance of making our flight. So instead of flying into Philly, I was routed to Boston and then I had to transfer to Air France. L still was in Philly and got on our original flight. Well, I almost didn't make it, because I had to clear security and recheck in. And when I did, Air France told me the flight was closed because it was less than 60 minutes prior to departure! But they made an exception and I made the Air France flight.

I landed in Paris at about 6am. L landed at our original time of 8am, and I found her at her arrival point. We negotiated the trains and subway and found our apartment. We walked down by the Louvre and river. We had a nice lunch and because our bodies are so confused right now, we stopped at a market and are kind of snacking for dinner. We had to take a nap prior to our walk, and I suspect we'll go to bed early tonight.

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow...perhaps the Eiffel Tower!

If I can I'll post photos, otherwise, I'll try to update as we go.

Au Revoir!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting!

    I hope you have a wonderful trip - and I look forward to pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Glad to hear that you made all your flights and arrived in Paris in one piece! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete