Well, by too much $$$, I mean, I spent waaaaaay too much this weekend. I bought a new bed! I bought a matress and boxspring. It's a Sealy and its officially a "plush top". Not a pillow top, a "plush top", which is basically a hybrid between "matress only" and pillow top. I upgraded to a queen (I currently have a full), so I'm pretty excited. It's been quite crowded with me and 2 cats on the bed, perhaps now they'll share. Oh, who am I kidding? So that's where a bunch of $$ went. But of course, if I upgraded to a queen, it meant I had to buy all new bedding. I had no idea how quickly it can add up. I admit, I bought the 400 thread count sheets, it's worth it for the comfort and I got a good Nautica comforter and matching shams. It just still caught me off guard.
I do feel it's worth it. I came to a few decisions this weekend. All involving my apartment. I'm not moving when my lease is up in August. I'm going to stay put. I have no desire to pack, move, unpack, forward mail etc. I need to stay put. Money wise if I move into the city, I'd be paying just as much if not a bit more. Yeah the rent is cheaper, but I have super cheap electric now and everything I'd have to pay for myself on top of rent in a city apartment (cable, water, etc) is included in my rent here. I am ready for this apartment to become a "home". So I've finally started putting things up on the wall, I've rearranged a few things. When my mattress gets delivered on Friday I'm moving my current bed into the 2nd bedroom and it'll become my guest bed. I've also decided to spend the money on a bedroom set. Not a great one...it's going to be put it together myself particle board type stuff...but it'll look nice and it's sturdy, so it'll be good for now, and perhaps someday it can become my guest room funiture when I can afford nicer things. But I need some more storage and I want my bedroom to feel more homey and less sparse and temporary.
I've been "nesting" all weekend. Not on "The Nest"...but cleaning, organizing, etc. I shredded tons of old receipts from like 2001 and other years. I over heated the shreddar more times than I can count! And I threw out 5, yes 5 garbage bags full of nothing but shredded paper. Isn't that ridiculous?! I'm doing muhc better now only keeping the really pertinent information.
Oh...have you notice that the older we get how things change. I mean read what I wrote...I'm excited about a matress and bedroom sets. I remember I use to get excited about clubbing, and the latest DVD. Nope not now...now I love matresses! LOL. It's just funny!
Enjoy the week. I'll post pictures once I have everything all set up!
16 Years
3 years ago
I'm so jealous! I would buy a new bed set every month if my husband would let me. I just love new bedding. I'm glad you're treating yourself...you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm just now hearing about your new beau. Congrats!
My hubby and I want a new set, but can't afford one. I wish I were you!
ReplyDeleteHA! I get excited about new sheets and new cleaning products and new dusters and new ways to do laundry, and and and.....lol....geez. So THIS is what it's like to be 28!
ReplyDeleteYay for new bedding! I know what you mean though... yesterday, I completely got excited over soaker hoses in our new garden. Kinda Sad. ;-)
ReplyDelete