So of course...I have photos to share. What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't have photos?!
But, before I can share them, I have a confession. Because if I don't confess now, you'll be wondering "what the heck" when looking at the photos.
Now, as you know, I separated from my husband 8 months ago. And I filed for divorce about 6 months ago. I have a confession. For the past couple of months I've been seeing someone. Because my divorce wasn't final, I wasn't sure whether to admit it or not. But I no longer care. And everyone I've told is happy for me. Because I'm happy! Yes, ladies and gents...I have a boyfriend! His name is Todd and he is an absolutely wonderful man. I'll post more details about how we met and him and everything another time, since that deserves a post in and of itself! But, you'll see him in the photos below. So that's my BIG "Surprise" for you!
I wnet on the wine tour with Todd and two of our close friends. I've known these two since college! Before you worry, Todd was our designated driver (what a guy to volunteer to do that!). So he was given all the water and juice that he could drink.
Todd and I at the first winery...Keuka Springs. That's my "tasting glass"...you get it at the first winery and bring it to each subsequent one.

My good friend S, inside the tasting room/shop at Keuka Spring...I love it!
Posing at Keuka Springs, what a gorgeous view of the lake in the background.
S, J, myself and Todd at Keuka Springs. A toast to friendship!

This is me at Rooster Hill Winery...winery #2!
Todd and I at Barrington Cellars
Winery #4 was McGregor Vineyards...Not sure which wine I was tasting here
Onto winery #5, I was definately having a good time in the car!
This is Heron Hill. Probably my least favorite of the whole trip, but fun, none the less!
The view from Heron Hill, those are its grape vines below. Isn't the view beautiful!?!
Todd and I at Heron Hill
J and S at Dr. Frank's...winery #6 of the day!
S and I at Dr. Frank's. It was a beautiful day in the upper 70s and 80s. We were just enjoying being by the lake and having the sun, as well as spending the day with great friends!
The boys...showing us what great sports they are holding our purchases from Dr. Frank's as well as our tasting glasses!
Hunt Country, winery #7 and the final winery of the day...having fun with a crazy photo op!
This was the back of my car after our stops along the tour!
A toast to friendship! Don't worry, the glasses are empty, we had washed them out after our last stop!

Good friends...good wine! 26 bottles between us all!
Todd and my's haul!
It was a great day. I definately won't be buying wine any time soon, that's for sure! I did pick up anywhere from 1 to 3 bottles per winery. I didn't buy anything to expensive, but I did pick up various reds and whites from around the lake. Which is cool, since all I've drunk up until this point is White Zinfedahl, which isn't made in NY!
For my first wine tour, I was definately not dissappointed! All four of us are looking forward to another one sometime. Actually, we all work together and there's a group of us at work talking about going on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail in August or September.
And, since I've been promising you one...here's a pic of my new car! Toyota RAV4. Obviously taken awhile ago, since I'm in my winter coat! Sadly, it's actually only about 3 weeks old...that's how fast our weather changes here!
I like the photo on the stairs...but I want to know - how did someone manage to get back up the stairs after setting the timer on the camera?
ReplyDeleteFinally! Some pictures of Todd! :) It looks like you all had a great time and I love the picture of you and Todd at Heron Hill...too cute!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good weekend!! :)
Love,
Erin
so excited to see you looking so happy =)
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, wine! :-) I love winery tours!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you had a wonderful weekeend.
I love the Fingerlakes Wine tours! My husband and I do one every year for our anniversary. You should try the Cayuga one soon!
ReplyDeleteIt's so very nice to see you smiling!! You definately deserve to be as happy as you look in those pics!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun :)
Good for you girl! There is no reason you shouldn't be dating someone who is treating you right and with respect. I think it's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLove the winery day photo's!!!!!
I love all your pictures! You and Todd look great together and I love your new car too! I'm glad you've been having fun and lots of reasons to smile :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your surprise with us - I am so happy for you that you are able to continue living your life and that the people around you are supporting you in this (I know families sometimes don't). You totally deserve to find happiness!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a really fun day :) Lots of wine to show for it anyhow!!