So I'm trying to decide what to do about this blog. I use to love blogging. I have had a few over the years, and some have faithfullly followed me and stuck about, even when I'm not posting much. These past couple of years, this last one especially, I've been kind of blasay about posting. If I do this, I want to do it right. I want to post for those that stop by as well as myself - problem is, I don't know if I'd be writing for one person or twenty.
I'm also trying to decide what kind of blog do I want? Do I want it to be all very personal, about my day to day life, or do I want to expand it and have it to be a mix of things, a la "Baby Steps in Heels" - fashion and products? Do I come up with a unique hybrid - life as a working suburn DC mom? I'm at a completely different place in my life then when I started this all up. I've moved, I'm a mom, I'm in a new line of work.
Assuming I keep the blog up and running, I'm tempted to switch sites...maybe invest in my own domain and good designer...I really struggle with blogger - it's formatting, it's "errors" I constantly get, so I'm not sure if I'd stay here.
I'm open to suggestions and thoughts. What do YOU want to see out of me, if I keep this up? Should I try to revamp and re-up?
16 Years
3 years ago
Tricky. I started blogging because most of my UK family had no other way of knowing what I'm up to. The whole up-sticks-and-move-to-the-USA was exciting. Now I've been here two years, I've got less to say about day to day stuff than I used to, because it's no longer surprising me, but we have Edward to blog about for the same reasons as before. I was never one to keep a journal, but blogging with the intent to inform and amuse, seems more worthwhile.
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging when you feel inspired to, and if you're going to change location, be sure to leave a forwarding address!