Sunday, November 13, 2011

Settling In


Things have been slowly, but surely moving along here in Virginia since we've moved into our house. I'm calling it "well labeled chaos". We have boxes over 1/3 of the third level (bedrooms), almost none on our second level (kitchen, family room, dining room) and everywhere on our first level (family room, office area). Still, considering just 2 weeks ago, we looked like this:
I think we've made some great progress! You can see pictures of the house (empty, before all our stuff arrived) by looking at my Flickr photos, see the sidebar. I do admit I like our townhouse, and think we're going to do a great job making it a home for the three of us.
Today, we went to our first church in the area, that we wanted to look at. So the "great church hunt" has officially begun. Unfortunently, I don't think the one we went to today is going to be for us. It just wasn't the right "fit". So next week, we'll be off to another one - and the one we'll be visiting was recommended to us by my doctor's office, funny enough! After church we hit up Home Depot and bought the paint for the baby's room and the master bedroom! That will be fun to watch the baby's room come together. I'm so excited!
Last night we finally ventured out outside of our comfort area and headed into Old Town Alexandria to meet up with some old Iowa friends who are in the area now. We look a wonderful walk all up King Street, popped into a few stores, had a wonderful dinner and they snapped this picture of us down by the waterfront!
I'm huge! The beached whale feeling is defintely there. And I still have three months to go. I am very afraid of how big I'm going to get! The doctors tell me I'm measuring perfectly. They tell me I'm looking big, because of how I'm carrying. My torso is "short" accoridng to them, so the baby can't go up, only out, as she grows. Only a slight comfort to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment