My parents were out of the country over Thanksgiving this year! So Plan B went into effect - host Todd's mom and brother at our place! We had lovely morning and early afternoon of breakfast (yummy eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls) and prepping of the food. Even with the small turnout for Thanksgiving, we got a large bird, so we'd be sure to enough left over for soup. I was happy to host, as I love, love, getting out the "good stuff" -- aka china!
Todd's mom and brother came over about 5 o'clock and we had a lovely cocktail hour with appetizers before dinner. And then - oh the feast was on! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserol, butternut squash, stuffing and for dessert - homemade apple crisp! Stuffed beyond belief I thought I would have to be rolled into bed later that night!
Of course, the next day could only mean one thing...no, not shopping - we're not that crazy! We got our Christmas tree out! I got this tree about 3 years ago. The past two Christmases it had resided in my little two bedroom apartment in my little living room under a low portion of ceiling. Well, putting it out in a large open floor plan townhouse under a nice tall ceiling and it's beginning to look a bit small. I think next year we'll have to upgrade! In the meantime, we put on Christmas carols, cranked the volume and had fun!
Looks like everyone had a great time... your Thanksgiving sounds like it was YUMMY! Love all the pics!! Have a great Christmas and New Year! :-)
ReplyDelete