Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello? Hello? Anyone out there?!

3 months. 3 long, very long months. 3 months and 15 days. That's how long it has been since I have talked to you. Wow.

Inspired by my good friend, Brittny, who has also made a reappearance, I thought I'd give it a go.

I do admit, I miss blogging! But I also felt like so many days if I blogged, all I was going to do was complain. And I don't want to be the always whiny blogger!

So what's been happening in my life these past few months....

1) The wedding! Lots and lots of wedding stuff! We picked out and ordered our flowers (Gerbra daisies). Yesterday we decided on our wedding cake flavors (white almond raspberry and carrot cake), my dress came in and I had my first fitting! I picked out a third headpiece! Yes, 3 different ones so far...I keep heading up in price...the first was $6.95 (yup you read that right), the second was $14 (yes you read that right too) and the one I'm going with and absolutely love was $60 (still not bad!). I picked out wedding shoes, only to discover they're not going to work (one size too small and the ribbons won't stay), so I have to find some ones. We've mailed out our invites and are starting to receive responses back! We've ordered our favor boxes, bought attendant gifts, and are working on making all those final appointments to finalize and confirm things with our vendors. Only 7 weeks until the wedding!

2) Work. I'm going to keep this short. Work has been having lots of ups and downs for me lately. Lots. And I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. But then again, the entire economy is a roller coaster too right now, so I'm not surprised.

3) Summer fun - it's a much warmer summer than last year, which has been great. We've visited the pool at our complex a few times so far. We've been very social with friends and had a good time meeting up with our standard Friday night crew for dinner. We're singing in our choir this summer -- 40's and patriotic music - so much fun there! We've had some time to go to the farmer's market a few times, and while we haven't been to as many of the festivals that we went to last summer we did make it to the Lilac Festival in May, and we saw the Hill Cumorah Pagaent last night out in Palmyra, which was really neat! It's basically the history of the Mormon church in 60 minutes...they run through the book of Mormon with a cast of 600+. While I do not believe in the book of Mormon, I respect their beliefs and feelings, and I truly enjoyed learning more about the Mormon Church. Knowledge is power. Sadly, there were some anti-Mormon protestors there yelling nasty things to those attending (many of the attendees like us are non-Mormon, there to learn and to see), and being highly disrespectful. It was so sad to see. My bridal shower is this coming weekend! And my parents will be here for it -- I haven't seen them since Christmas, so I'm very excited! The following weekend I'm off to DC for a good time, and then we get into serious "must get it done" wedding mode!

If you're still reading the ramblings...I'm impressed! We'll see what goes on from here...but hey...just maybe I'll start picking things back up :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay, glad to hear from you! I've missed you. I can't wait to hear more about wedding planning.

    I hear you on the job front. Mine is not so much fun lately either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been checking in and am SO GLAD that you wrote! keep us posted on everything! 7 weeks is so close! YAY! Can't wait to see photos of u on your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided the day of my wedding - as I was walking out the door - that my adorable wedding shoes just weren't going to work. So, I applaud you for making the call early! You're going to need to be comfortable. Good luck - the next few weeks are going to fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Let's try to blog more frequently! I forget how much I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been checking and glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete