Sarah went off to work the next morning, while I slept in a tad, and then got ready, and hung out. An hour of "Say Yes to the Dress" was in order. She picked me up at noon and we had a lovely lunch together, before she headed back for a couple of more hours. I took my book, a glass of water and a lawn chair and plopped myself in the middle of her backyard and just enjoyed the 70 degree day and sunshine.
Brittny joined us Friday evening and off we headed to this wonderful Mexican restaurant that we'd been to last year. After a belated dinner, off we headed to go dancing! A great girls night out stretched before us as we danced ourselves silly :)
Saturday we went to take a look at a similar style bridesmaid dress to the one I had picked out so they could at least see the shape of the dress. While their, we also looked at veils....and they were so kind to be patient with me as I chose my veil for the wedding! Off we went to Sam Moon to look for jewlery and a headpiece for me...and we found it all! Since I've lost about 15 lbs. in the past year, it was defintely time for me to buy some new clothes...especially pants. So we went to the mall, hit up a few stores there, later to Loft too. Those girls know how to shop! And I love their sense of style. Sarah and I picked up a few things (OK, I picked up more than a few!), but Brittny was well behaved and didn't purchase anything (something about "shopping in Chicago" in the previous week?!). Brittny, sadly, had to take off Saturday night to get back to go to work on Sunday (pooh), so after a wonderful dinner with her, Sarah and I had to say good-bye.
Sunday was lazy morning with Sarah, and then we went to Steinmart for a short stint to see if there was anything else for me...and her. We both came away with some good deals! Amazingly enough I was able to fit it all in my bag too...with the veil!
It was a great weekend, it flew by way to fast, yet I was happy to come home to Todd -- of course!

End of Friday night...friends forever :)
Quick update on work -- layoffs were on Wednesday. I still have a job. So does Todd. Needless to say it was a very rough week upon my return.
In good news --I'm out of the office Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...I'm traveling to Roanoke, Virginia to meet with some of our people at that site regarding something I'm working on. Face to face communications should help me out a lot!
The weather here yesterday and today has just been absolutely gorgeous...we enjoyed two dinners outside, and have loed having the house opened up. Tomorrow is Easter. After church we'll enjoy a lovely brunch with Todd's mom, aunts, uncles and cousins at a restaurant on the lake. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and blessed Easter!

It looks like you all had so much fun! Jealous! I feel like it's been so long since we've really talked. Is wedding stuff all going okay? And are you planning on going to Nashville? Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a BLAST!
ReplyDelete