Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye '08, hello '09!

Hello my friends. I had intended to do yet another photo catch-up, but have decided to hold that until the next post. I was thinking today what a ride 2008 was for me. January of 2008, had me an emotional wreck. I was filing for divorce from my husband, I was going back and forth as to whether I was doing the right thing, I could barely talk without crying, I cried myself to sleep many nights, I lived in fear, I wondered if I could ever be happy again. I was a completely different person than I am today.

Was the divorce the right thing. Yes. Absolutely. Unequivically, it was. It took me until spring to realize it, but I did. Spring also brought me Todd. The absolutely AMAZING man that I am dating today. He was and is my rock. The patience he showed while I dealt with all of my emotions, stress, and goodness knows what else is nothing short of amazing. I am eternally grateful to God for bringing Todd into my life. A year ago, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to love again. Today....I am hopelessly in love! I didn't know I could love like this!

A year ago I was seeing a counselor every week, attempting to deal with everything that was going on inside my head and my heart. Today...no more counselor!

By the end of summer my divorce was final and I had begun the annulment process within the Catholic church. I hope by the end of 2009 that it will be final.

A year ago, my job was "OK". I was enjoying myself on most days. As the year went along, I became more and more frustrated with my management. By fall I was looking to leave the company, because I was so frustrated. By November, I'd applied on a whim to a job at my company and got it!

I don't think I've ever had a year with as many ups and downs as this one. It was a roller coaster ride. I am happy to say that the roller coaster ride has come to an end.

I am happy, healthy, emotionally stable, helplessly in love, and again...happy.

I wonder what 2009 will bring? :)

3 comments:

  1. What a year you have had! Don't forget the high of meeting me! Just kidding. In all seriousness, I'm so glad that you are able to start 2009 on such a positive note. Here's to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear everything is looking up for you and that you're so happy! 2009 is going to be an AWESOME year for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that you are in such a good place right now! I hope that 2009 is a fantastic year for you!

    ReplyDelete