Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello, hello, hello! How is everyone? I hope that you're Fourth of July was fun and relaxing. We had absolutely perfect weather here in NY. Temperatures in the low to mid seventies. And not a cloud in site.

On the third, I did go into work, though I was able to leave by about noon. Todd stayed until 3 (I have no idea why, since everyone had left by then!). So we met up after work, and headed of to his Grandparent's. It was his grandpa's birthday, so we had dinner with them and Todd's mom to celebrate. Afterwards we made our way to Conesus Lake for the Ring of Fire. I thought that it might be weird going to a different house this year, but it wasn't. I had a great time and truly enjoyed myself. There was some good food and great company. I got to play boce ball too! I'm a dork and I love that game! The "ring" was lit at 10pm and fireworks followed. For those that don't know, the "Ring of Fire" is where everyone on the lake lines the lake edge of their property with those roadside flare sticks every few feet. At 10pm everyone on the lakes lights theirs up. So when you look about the lake it looks like....A Ring of Fire!

The fourth was also nice and relaxing. Todd and I did hang out (I know how surprised you are at that right?). And then one of our couple friends joined us at about 4 in the afternoon. We all hung out and had dinner at my place before driving down to Todd's hometown (located on yet another Finger Lake!). We went down to the shore, set up our blankets and then had ice cream sundaes! We'd gotten there so early it was just a nice relaxing time and we had fun talking and watching all the boats out on the lake until the fireworks started. It was a great show, but it took us an hour and half to get out of town afterwards because of all the traffic!

This week has been good at work. I've gotten a lot done and last week was great! Since so many people took it off, it's was amazing how much I got done with no one around.

It's been painfully hot and humid here these last couple of days. So much so yesterday when I got home from work I found out my AC had overworked itselt and wasn't working! So I shut it down and slept with just a fan last night. It was about 82 in the apartment, but at least the apartment didn't have the humidity of the outside. Luckily when I tried it out this morning it was working again, it just needed a few hours to rest.

Hope everyone is having a good week getting back into the swing of things.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love the new look of your blog! Sounds like you had a nice 4th. Glad to hear it. Are things getting serious with Todd? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look of your blog and the big picture at the top. It sounds like you had a really fun 4th! The ring of fire sounds so cool. Did you take any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new look... so fresh and bright! :-) Is that Paris?

    ReplyDelete