Friday, December 12, 2008

Staff Meeting

Oh gosh, I didn't realize I hadn't posted since November 19th! That is absolutely insane! I remember the days when we were all daily posters, or at least 4 time a week posters...I guess we're all grown up now and time just continues to get away from us. I know it did for me.

The new job is going well. So far. After the initial shock of people finding out about it wore off and a transition plan was agreed upon it's turned into a good thing. Btw, my transition plan includes OT come January, which is fine, I'll be working 50 hour weeks next month. But January is Rochester is not something I'll miss, I usually just close my eyes and hope March comes soon! If you've ever lived here you understand.

I've been going to staff meetings and meeting with the VP and his right hand man. I have an idea of some of the projects I'll be working on, so far I fell I'll be able to handle everything just fine!

My Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. I drove out to Cape Cod to my Aunt and Uncle's house. They've lived on the cape for years, but they just bought this new house. It's beautiful! My Aunt's sister (and her dog and cat) were also there, along with my parents. Oh, and my aunt and uncle's four cats. It was a fun house! It was very relaxing, it was good to catch up with all and I enjoyed just having the time to read. I read 1 and a half books while I was there! I only watch 1/2 of a football game.

I drove back to Rochester that Saturday and my parents came to my apartment as well. We met up with Todd for dinner at the Bonefish Grill, so my folks and Todd got to see each other again. Sunday my parents ran some errands (they were having tire problems) and that evening Todd and I headed to the Nutcracker at the Eastman Theater.

Monday I had breakfast with my parents at Perkins before they headed back to Iowa (by way of the Good Year Store in Rochester).

Since Thanksgiving I've been desperately trying to balance both jobs at work. I'm only suppose to be 10 hours a week on the new one right now.

This past weekend Todd, myself and J and S (you remember them from our wine tour in spring right?)...well, we went on another wine tour! This time we went to the holiday tour around Seneca Lake. There were 34 wineries on the tour. We started at 10:30 in the morning (yes, it really was that weird to start drinking that early) and we finished at 5 o'clock that evening. In that time we hit exactly 1/2 of those wineries. Yes...that would be 17 wineries in 6-1/2 hours! Crazy. We were served food throughout the day, and it was spreadout over time, so no one was sick and Todd was a great DD again for us!

My Christmas tree went up on Monday evening and I'm working on finishing what few decorations I have. I really need to get my Christmas cards going, ASAP too!

This weekend is my choir's Christmas Concert, so if you're in the area on Saturday at 7:30, or Sunday at 3pm, it's at St. John's Episcopal Church on Main St. in Canandaigua.

I have just a few more people to buy for this year for gifts. I'm drastically reducing my spending...it's been a tough year financially for me with the divorce.

Speaking of which, I got a great early Christmas gift! I received a letter from the bank last night, my ex-husband has been approved for the morgage and I am about to be released from liability...my name is coming off the morgage for the house! I am sooooooo excited about that. This is the final legal tie to him.

Speaking of which, I've also got the annulment process started in the Catholic Church, so that tie will be going away in a few months as well!

I will try to post some pictures from this last month once I download them (I haven't even downloaded the ones from Thanksgiving yet!).

Hope all is well!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things are going well and the new job is shaping up!! Woohoo!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all is well. Have a wonderful Christmas!! Tell the K's I said hello. I'm missing their party but I'm going to try to visit in Jan/Feb! Hopefully we can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well for you dealing with your new job, and that you had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving! That's great about your name coming off the mortgage..bet that's a weight lifted off your shoulders!

    Those wine tours you've done sound SO FUN!! I'd love to do that someday.

    Take care...enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been doing really well and have been keeping busy :) Glad to hear all the good news and about all the good times you've been having!

    If I don't catch up with you before, have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete